Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-02-2020, 03:26 PM

Default Pro Tools First - Can't Open Project - Crashes on New Project Open

Hi All,

I'm having issues (potentially 2 separate ones) with Pro Tools First. I've reviewed a number of posts, tried listed suggestions, but still having issues getting PTF to open a project without crashing.

I just installed PTF recently on:

Dell
Intel Core i5
12GB RAM
512GB SSD
Windows 10

Presonus AudioBox iOne Interface w AudioBox ASIO Driver

When trying to create a project, I get an error message: "Some inputs may have become inactive because your audio hardware device has changed"

*I get this message even when device hasn't changed.

From there, PTF closes automatically. Sometimes, it gets to a blank project and stays open for ~2 seconds, but usually crashes before you can see a project.

If I try to open PTF again reopen one of the projects (that didn't successfully open previously), I get an error message: "(song title) cannot be opened. The latest version of the project may have been uploaded by a newer version of Pro Tools. Please install any available updates and try again."

Things I've tried based on previous messages on this forum:
-Uninstall and reinstall PTF
-Update to latest version
-Install ASIO4ALL driver and select that for playback engine
-Select AudioBox ASIO Driver for playback engine
-Uninstall ASIO4ALL driver
-Set Realtek Audio speakers and mic as default and enabled
-Logout of Avid, login to PTF and then login to Avid
-Make sure sample rate is the same for default speakers and playback engine

As I type this, I realize I haven't tried to install ASIO4ALL again after setting the Realtek Audio speakers as the default. Is that worth a shot?

Any advice on what else to try would be greatly appreciated. I was using Pro Tools 7 forever on an old desk top and would like to try out the new version before purchasing a subscription on the new laptop.

Thank you!
Kelly
Old 05-27-2020, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools First - Can't Open Project - Crashes on New Project Open

I still haven't been able to open a session.

Is there any additional information I can provide for some help?

Thank you,
Kelly
Old 07-05-2020, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools First - Can't Open Project - Crashes on New Project Open

I have the same problem. Same OS, same Intel processor, Fucusrite Scarlett Solo for the interface device. Since no one bothers to support Pro Tools products without collecting additional money, and since no one even attempted to solve this problem for the last month, I have uninstalled my software (after working for a few hours to solve this myself--and trying everything kellymurph5 tried--to no avail). Bye, bye, Pro Tools.