Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 12-01-2021, 03:55 PM

Default Pro Tools freezes while Loading Elastic Audio

Hey All,

Pro tools had been working fine but I woke up today and when I try to load Pro tools it keeps freezing while loading "Plugins : Elastic Audio." Has anyone ever seen this before? I went to search for an elastic audio plugin in my plugin folder but I could not find any aax plugin titled elastic audio. can anyone help?

Thanks,
James
Old 12-01-2021, 03:56 PM

Default Pro Tools freezes while loading Elastic Audio

Hey All,

Pro tools had been working fine but I woke up today and when I try to load Pro tools it keeps freezing while loading "Plugins : Elastic Audio." Has anyone ever seen this before? I went to search for an elastic audio plugin in my plugin folder but I could not find any aax plugin titled elastic audio. can anyone help?

Thanks,
James
Old 03-03-2022, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools freezes while loading Elastic Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJamesProducer View Post
Hey All,

Thanks,
James
I'm having the same issue, trying to see if there's any solution...

System 2: 2021 M1 Mini 16Gb, OS 13.6, Native 2023.9, MH ULN-8 4d

http://www.mylescochran.com
Old 03-03-2022, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools freezes while Loading Elastic Audio

The last time I had weird issues with elastic I had to get a guy from AVID to take control of my computer to delete a load of weird AVID hidden files.

I had a client with me yesterday, he said, in all seriousness, "So is ProTools going to be obsolete soon?" Sometimes when I get issues with Elastic I wonder the same thing.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:32 PM

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050
Old 10-02-2022, 04:06 AM

Hey guys. I'm also having the same issue. How did you guys resolve this? Thanks!
Old 10-02-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeNinja View Post
Hey guys. I'm also having the same issue. How did you guys resolve this? Thanks!
Siiiiigh.... In the post before yours:

Also, in the post before that, someone solved the issue by asking AVID Support for... you guessed it... support!

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/learn-and-support
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 10-02-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJamesProducer View Post
Hey All,

Thanks,
James
I'm having similar problems. My machine is not responding every 20 seconds or so and stopping and then starting about two seconds after the music stops.
I purchased Pro Tools 2022.9 and upgraded 2 days ago. It worked the first and second day but now I can't playback a session without it stopping and giving me the message 'Not responding'. I pull up the task manager and without any music playing or recording, Pro Tools will show 'Not responding' in the Task Manager.

Windows 10
Creation Station (Sweetwater) Intel I-7 32Gb RAM
Pro Tools 2022.9
Behringer Wing
Izotope Ozone 10

Last edited by [email protected]; 10-02-2022 at 12:39 PM. Reason: To show my products
Old 10-04-2022, 10:27 AM

For people like me who didn't see the fix in the links below I got it from Avid support.

"It's typically the amount of plug-ins causing this while trying to update the pref.

How many in your Plug-Ins folder?

Pull the Plug-Ins folder from /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins and the InstalledAAXPlugIns file from /Users/*username*/Library/Preferences/Avid/Pro Tools both onto the desktop.
Launch PT then quit
Copy some of the plugins from the folder on your desktop to the new Plug-Ins folder in /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/
Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you've copied all back"

This got me back up and running. It turns out there was one plugin that was corrupting the reference to the folder.

Hope it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
Siiiiigh.... In the post before yours:

Also, in the post before that, someone solved the issue by asking AVID Support for... you guessed it... support!

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/learn-and-support