Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2021, 06:31 PM

Default Re: AVIDPlay Distribution?

The problem is that it doesn't work
I managed to release 1 EP 6 months ago and now the software doesn't let me add a new one even though my subscription is valid
There is no way to contact support ...
So what do you do? Distrokid I guess ... too bad my first experience was very good
Old 10-22-2022, 02:17 PM

Have there been any developments with AVIDPlay?

After 20 years with cdbaby, we're thinking of switching for the next release since cdbaby is limited to 16-bit/44.1 kHz.

One oddity with AVIDPlay I'd like to sort out: Does it distribute to YouTube music and YouTube Content ID?

The landing page for AVIDPlay mentions YouTube, but it's conspicuously absent from the list of partners here: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...rvices-Outlets
Old 01-10-2023, 12:37 PM

Thanks for bringing this up. I've been with CD Baby quite a few years myself, and am thinking of switching as they do not support Dolby Atmos (anymore...) I don't see any other replies here, so I'm wondering where you are now regarding this issue.

I am considering leaving everything else with CD Baby but going forward elsewhere with an upcoming Atmos project and thereafter. It would seem that transferring everything from CD Baby -> AvidPlay requires taking everything down from CD Baby and submitting everything again. Unless they have a better method.

The AvidPlay FAQ has the following:
Q: I am switching from a different distribution company to you. What's the process?
A: Check out our complete guide here (http://www.avidblogs.com/how-to-swit...r-to-avidplay/)
This however just ends up to the main AvidPlay page, and refers you to the AvidPlay FAQ.....

There does not seem to be anyway to contact AvidPlay support. The chat is useless, and the support webpages regarding AvidPlay are quite minimal, and requesting a ticket does not list AvidPlay as a product. If I have a question that is not covered in the FAQ, I can post it here, but not contact someone from Avid directly. If anyone has any experience or knowledge I would greatly appreciate hearing about it. Thanks!!
Old 04-06-2023, 01:29 PM

Default What is happening to AvidPlay???

Hi there.

I noticed the other day that all the music I have uploaded to the streams for distribution on AvidPlay has been taken off the streams (total of 11 tracks in one year). No warning, no explanation, no apology. I contacted Avid and they keep saying they're looking into it. I'm all paid up, so that's not it. I've decided to give up and go to another distributor.

I heard that there was an issue with ISRC codes a couple of years back. Does anyone know if that's the issue again?

Are other people having this kind of issue?

Heading into Easter weekend, so I guess I won't know anything for at least another week.

I have to say, I'm deeply invested in Avid gear and software, but customer care is a big sore point.

Don
Old 04-12-2023, 08:51 AM

About a week ago I embarked on the Avidplay experience. I paid the $40 for dolby atmos and so far, I am seriously underwhelmed. Their UI is horribly laggy and incomplete. You would think that after 3 years or so, they would get it right. The interface feels like Bubba down the street coded it. I had an issue and opened a support ticket. While I did get a prompt response, I think Bubba is also replying to the tickets. After fighting their buggy website and mobile app, I finally found a solution to my problem. This could all have been avoided with better FAQ's and web prompts. Routinely, you click on something and you get no relative response saying if your request went through or not. I ended up taking down my releases (found another band with the same name) and will be re-releasing in a day or two. I'll post updates as they occur.

Thanks,
jab
MSI home build
11th Gen Intel i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz
32g RAM, 6Tb SSD
AVID Dock w/Android 10" Tablet
IK Multimedia AXE I/O
Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 USB Audio Interface

Bakerplace.net A place for Audio/Video Post Production.