Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-09-2000, 06:54 AM

Default Time code not available

I work at a post facility and was training someone on Pro Tools v4.0. I left them alone for a while and now I get a NO TIME CODE AVAIL ABLE.message when I go in to SPOT mode. also
OMS opens and tells me to reset or forget MIDI port. I have reset all devices and still the problem. Help!
Old 08-09-2000, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Time code not available

Check that cables didn't come out anywhere or boxes weren't switched off. Follow the TC flow from source to interface to Pro Tools.

Does the interface show any action when code is rolling (from video tape I would guess)

What TC interface do you have? USD? MIDI TimePiece AV? DTP? Something else?

For the MTP AV:

Make sure the Mac/PC button did not get pushed in. It should be out for Mac.
Go to OMS Studio Setup. Double click on the icon for the interface. If the lower section of the window has greyed-out buttons, then cancel and go to Studio>MIDI Cards & Interfaces ... and update the setup. OK, Save and try again.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2000, 07:49 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by David McRell:
Check that cables didn't come out anywhere or boxes weren't switched off. Follow the TC flow from source to interface to Pro Tools.

Does the interface show any action when code is rolling (from video tape I would guess)

For the MTP AV:

Go to OMS Studio Setup. Double click on the icon for the interface. If the lower section of the window has greyed-out buttons, then cancel and go to Studio>MIDI Cards & Interfaces ... and update the setup. OK, Save and try again.

Hope this helps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 08-09-2000, 07:55 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by David McRell:

For the MTP AV:

Hope this helps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I am using the SMPTE Slave Driver. And I have no trouble getting outside timecode. I used to be able to use the SPOT mode even when I wasn't locked to time code. I believe I might have lost my internal sync somehow.

Old 08-09-2000, 08:06 PM

regarding the "Time Code is not available" dialog...

Disable "Auto-Spot Regions". Then smile.

Jeff