Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 06:17 PM

Default AUDIO POST FOR FILM EDITORIAL VETERANS HELP!

Hello,

Post professionals only, Please help me. I have some specific questions for experienced PT users. I know very little of this platform, but according to my future boss, I will need to be fluent on it. Right now I am getting good results with Nuendo 2.01, MX-View etc....

SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
1. I have been using MS-DOS since like v4 up to now WIN XP Pro, and I am very quick and informed on this system. However it seems that my future boss says I will be a one man island if I try to use PC for pro tools. Im worried so I hesitate to do it.

2. Using PT 6.1+ on PC, can I save my elements to v5.0 or earlier in HFS+ some how to reproduce on MMR-8 or MMP-16 dummies?

3. Using PT 6.1+ on PC, will I be able to open up projects MAC based saved in v6.0 or PRIOR on my PC Host based editorial system MBOX?

4. Besides employing a digital audio sample reference into an MBOX referenced to the NTSC timebase, there is no way to resolve an MBOX PT Host based system to video black is there?

5. Will MAC PT setups on the stage be able to play back elements saved from PC 6.1+ regardless of the AGE of the MAC based reproducer? eg. MIX 24

6. DV Toolkit. MBOX for PC manual says the DV Toolkit is included on the original installation CD and that one can run it in demo. Does this demo run out and just give an annoying pop-up at start-up but work fully functional for both MAC or PC v6.1+? Why do they sucker you into paying an extra 1200.00 just to get TC timeline?

7. I need embeded video in the LE to output to a NTSC monitor. What is the most RELIABLE and TRUSTY method to do this? MAC or PC?

Once word answers are fine. I don't claim to know anything I don't know, but one thing I do know - those little pricy MAC keyboards stink.

If you can please reply to my e-mail at:

[email protected]

Then I can tell you about the little software that I sell to large stages in California. This can make your life ALOT easier.