Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-30-2023, 09:08 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,587
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro Records View Post
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=423299

memory locations, layouts, recent sessions - broken...
Why every update of Eucon is like a ticking time bomb?
Its clearly not affecting everyone(icluding our testers and the 100 beta testers). It seems that its only one thing the name updates?, or are you not listing other things?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-30-2023, 10:12 AM
SKI's Avatar
SKI SKI is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,199
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Its clearly not affecting everyone(icluding our testers and the 100 beta testers). It seems that its only one thing the name updates?, or are you not listing other things?
In my case it's just one of the things, incorrect or no function from the various soft keys is in essence a brick wall you can't get around.
__________________
URBAN MUSIC-
(Hip Hop and R&B)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-30-2023, 10:16 AM
BigBadBill BigBadBill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 139
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Its clearly not affecting everyone(icluding our testers and the 100 beta testers). It seems that its only one thing the name updates?, or are you not listing other things?
Hello Eddie,

Thanks for chiming in.

The only problems I'm seeing are with regards to memory location and layout names.

1. If I uninstall and trash Eucon prefs, and reinstall Eucon, what happens is that Avid Control appears to work but Mem Loc don't appear correctly, it'll only show the default names (mem loc 1, mem loc 2 etc) - until I switch to mem loc page 2 and then back to page 1, then it'll update itself with the correct session mem loc names.

I haven't been working much with layouts over the weekend but it seems the behaviour is the same.

2. What really confused me is that if I import my old soft key settings it'll import old memory location names from previous sessions as default mem loc labels. Again, I believe this also happens with layouts. I first assumed my soft keys file had been corrupted, but I went through the whole uninstall spiel again, and imported an older soft keys file only to have the exact same thing happen again. The only workaround I found was to reinstall and build my soft keys file from scratch. It stil exhibits the symptoms I mentioned in 1 but at least I can work and the labels will update themselves after switching between pages.

Hope this helps. I've had none of the connection issues others have reported.

MB Pro Max M1, Monterey 16.2, PT 2022.12 (rosetta), Eucon 2022.12.0.81, Avid Control 2022.12.0.140, iPad iOS 16.3.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-30-2023, 10:22 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,587
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBill View Post
Hello Eddie,

Thanks for chiming in.

The only problems I'm seeing are with regards to memory location and layout names.

1. If I uninstall and trash Eucon prefs, and reinstall Eucon, what happens is that Avid Control appears to work but Mem Loc don't appear correctly, it'll only show the default names (mem loc 1, mem loc 2 etc) - until I switch to mem loc page 2 and then back to page 1, then it'll update itself with the correct session mem loc names.

I haven't been working much with layouts over the weekend but it seems the behaviour is the same.

2. What really confused me is that if I import my old soft key settings it'll import old memory location names from previous sessions as default mem loc labels. Again, I believe this also happens with layouts. I first assumed my soft keys file had been corrupted, but I went through the whole uninstall spiel again, and imported an older soft keys file only to have the exact same thing happen again. The only workaround I found was to reinstall and build my soft keys file from scratch. It stil exhibits the symptoms I mentioned in 1 but at least I can work and the labels will update themselves after switching between pages.

Hope this helps. I've had none of the connection issues others have reported.

MB Pro Max M1, Monterey 16.2, PT 2022.12 (rosetta), Eucon 2022.12.0.81, Avid Control 2022.12.0.140, iPad iOS 16.3.
Thanks, really helpful!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-30-2023, 10:22 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,587
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI View Post
In my case it's just one of the things, incorrect or no function from the various soft keys is in essence a brick wall you can't get around.
Please give more details so we can fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-30-2023, 10:50 AM
SKI's Avatar
SKI SKI is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,199
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Please give more details so we can fix it.
Upon installation the first thing was the names from recent sessions was sessions that had not been opened in more than 6 months instead of recent.

Hitting clear had no change, neither did doing a soft key restore.

Previously whatever page was selected in the soft keys on my iPad would be followed by my Artist Control and what was selected for soft keys on the Artist Control would be followed by the iPad.

When selecting a function on the soft keys it's a roll of the dice as to what actual function you may get or what action it will give.

Example;
MENU > PRO TOOLS > QUIT

Doesn't shut Pro Tools down it just minimizes the program

The Home buttons seems to be the only one guaranteed to work properly

I tried 2022.12 with just Avid Control and it gives the same results
I tried the Artist Control by itself and it gives the same results
I tried Avid Control with just my Artist Mix attached and it gives the same results.

Go back to 2022.09 with a different iOS device that has 2022.09 on it and the complete setup functions as it should.

Honestly all I want is to be able to roll my iPad back to 2022.09 or get a install for the 2022.09 app.

I never would have thought that 2022.12 would be so detrimental to my setup after the way EUCON has performed for me.
__________________
URBAN MUSIC-
(Hip Hop and R&B)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-30-2023, 10:52 AM
originalscottyg originalscottyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,368
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

I've only tested for a short time after installing the update this morning. But this update seems to be working well for me, other than one weirdness with a particular custom shortcut not working.

I have Back and Play mapped to the non-shift layer RTZ button on the Dock, and that's working fine. I have Play Edit Selection Start mapped as a key command to the shift layer of the RTZ button. The keyboard shortcut is cmd-opt-left arrow. This worked previously in 2022.9. I had backed up my custom soft keys and have tried restoring my back up as well as deleting and recreating the custom shortcut, but it still doesn't work. It works fine using the same key commands on the keyboard.

Mac Studio M1 Pro
macOS Monterey 12.5.1
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.9 (could this be the issue?)
EuControl 2022.12.0.81 / 4.10.2.81
Dock + 3 x S1 + iPad + 3 x Fire 10 HD
HDX/Sonnet Echo III-D
MTRX Studio
__________________
Scott Gatteño
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-30-2023, 03:25 PM
Kasper Kasper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Boston,MA USA
Posts: 966
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Same bug here; Memory Locations don't update with new sessions.


App on iPad= 2022.12.0.140
Eucon= 2022.12.0.81/4.10.2.81
Dock= FW 21.8.1/PCB 0



PT Ultimate= 2022.12.0 Rosetta
Mac Studio= Monterey 12.6.2
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-31-2023, 06:02 AM
Maro Records's Avatar
Maro Records Maro Records is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 87
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Its clearly not affecting everyone(icluding our testers and the 100 beta testers). It seems that its only one thing the name updates?, or are you not listing other things?
Hi Eddie,
Yes, I found ONLY names bugg.
It's a small thing, but very painful. Especially if you are working on an audiobook and you have around 90 memory locations in the session
__________________
Maro,
http://www.marorecords.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-31-2023, 08:35 AM
EddieJones's Avatar
EddieJones EddieJones is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 4,587
Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro Records View Post
Hi Eddie,
Yes, I found ONLY names bugg.
It's a small thing, but very painful. Especially if you are working on an audiobook and you have around 90 memory locations in the session
We are working on fixing and doing a 22.12.1 dot release with a couple of other small things too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EUCON 2022.9 Released EddieJones Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App 18 02-28-2023 08:12 AM
EUCON 2022.12.1 Released EddieJones Avid S4/S6 42 02-06-2023 05:39 PM
EUCON 2022.9 Released EddieJones Avid S4/S6 4 09-27-2022 08:09 AM
EUCON 2022.4 Released EddieJones Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App 17 05-08-2022 07:26 PM
EUCON 2022.4 Released EddieJones Avid S4/S6 0 04-29-2022 03:32 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com