Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2023, 06:02 PM

Default ChatGPT meets DUC questions...

[meeds .. meets, sigh]

ChatGPT tries answers DUC style questions... (Chat GPT fails to realize the rule here is ask for more info while trying to guess an answer)

Quote:
Pro Tools is not detecting my audio interface what do?
If Pro Tools is not detecting your audio interface, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

Check the connection: Make sure that your audio interface is properly connected to your computer, and that all cables are securely plugged in.

Check the power: Make sure that your audio interface is powered on and that the power cable is securely plugged in.

Check the driver: Make sure that you have the latest driver for your audio interface installed on your computer. You can check the website of your audio interface manufacturer for the latest drivers.

Check Pro Tools settings: In Pro Tools, go to the Setup menu and select "Playback Engine." Make sure that the correct audio interface is selected as the "Device" and the correct input and output is selected.

Restart your computer: Sometimes, restarting your computer can resolve the issue.

Try a different USB or FireWire port: Sometimes, your audio interface may not be properly recognized if it is connected to a USB or FireWire port that is not functioning properly. Try connecting it to a different port.

Check your operating system: Make sure that your operating system is up-to-date and that you have the latest updates installed.

Try a different software: Try using another software like Garageband or Logic to check if the issue is with Pro Tools or with the audio interface.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your audio interface or Avid (Pro Tools developer) for further assistance.

Quote:
Pro Tools is not detecting my RME Fireface UFX+ audio interface, I just installed macOS Ventura 13.1 what is wrong?
If Pro Tools is not detecting your RME Fireface UFX+ audio interface after installing macOS Ventura 13.1, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

Check the driver: Make sure that you have the latest driver for your RME Fireface UFX+ audio interface installed on your computer. Check the RME website for the latest drivers for the Fireface UFX+ and macOS Ventura 13.1.

Check Pro Tools settings: In Pro Tools, go to the Setup menu and select "Playback Engine." Make sure that the correct audio interface is selected as the "Device" and the correct input and output is selected.

Check the connection: Make sure that your RME Fireface UFX+ audio interface is properly connected to your computer, and that all cables are securely plugged in.

Restart your computer and the audio interface: Sometimes, restarting your computer and the audio interface can resolve the issue.

Try a different USB or Thunderbolt port: Sometimes, your audio interface may not be properly recognized if it is connected to a USB or Thunderbolt port that is not functioning properly. Try connecting it to a different port.

Check for other software conflicts: Some other software can cause conflicts with Pro Tools, try to disable or close them to see if that resolves the issue.

Try resetting the audio interface: Try resetting your RME Fireface UFX+ audio interface to its default settings and see if that resolves the issue.

Contact RME support: If you have tried all the steps above and the problem persists, contact RME support for further assistance.

It's worth noting that macOS Ventura 13.1 is a relatively new operating system, and some third-party drivers and software may not have been fully optimized for it yet. In this case, it is recommended to check for any updates to the audio interface drivers and Pro Tools.

Quote:
Is DUC a useful resource for Pro Tools users?
DUC (Digidesign User Conference) is a website and forum that provides support and resources for users of Pro Tools and other audio software developed by Avid Technology (formerly Digidesign). Many Pro Tools users find DUC to be a useful resource for troubleshooting and learning about new features and techniques for using Pro Tools.

DUC provides a community for users to share information and knowledge about using Pro Tools and other Avid software, including tips, tutorials, and troubleshooting advice. Many Pro Tools experts and professionals are active members of the DUC community, so users can often get answers to their questions quickly and directly from experienced users.

DUC also provides access to software updates and beta versions, as well as access to the Avid Knowledge Base, which has a wide range of articles and technical documentation that can help users troubleshoot and resolve problems with their software.

It's worth noting that DUC is a user-supported community, which means that the information and advice provided on the site is not necessarily endorsed or supported by Avid. It's always important to verify the information you find on a user forum like DUC and use your own judgement when implementing any advice or tips.

Quote:
Why does the output sound distorted in Pro Tools?
There are several reasons why the output sound may be distorted in Pro Tools:

Clipping: Clipping occurs when the audio signal exceeds the maximum level that can be handled by the system. This can cause distortion in the output sound. To avoid this, make sure that the levels of your tracks and the master fader are not peaking at 0 dB or above.

Overloaded processors: If your computer's processors are overloaded, this can cause distortion in the output sound. This can be caused by having too many tracks and plugins in your session, or by using high-resource-intensive plugins. To avoid this, try closing unnecessary tracks and disabling or removing any unnecessary plugins.

Incorrect plugin settings: Some plugins have settings that can cause distortion if they are set too high. Make sure to check the settings of any plugins you are using and adjust them accordingly.

Incompatible hardware or drivers: The audio interface or other hardware you are using may not be compatible with your version of Pro Tools or your operating system. Make sure to check the compatibility of your hardware and drivers with Pro Tools and your operating system.

Incorrect buffer size settings: Pro Tools has a buffer size setting that determines the amount of time it takes for the audio to be processed. If the buffer size is set too low, this can cause distortion in the output sound. Make sure to check the buffer size settings and adjust them accordingly.

Corrupted session or preference files: Pro Tools sessions and preference files can become corrupted, which can cause distortion in the output sound. Try creating a new session and import your audio files to it, if the problem persists, try resetting your Pro Tools preferences.

If you can't solve the issue, it is recommended to check the Pro Tools documentation and the Avid Knowledge Base for further troubleshooting steps or contact Avid support for assistance.

Quote:
Should I use Sessions or Cloud projects when working with Avid Pro Tools?
When working with Avid Pro Tools, you have the option to use either Sessions or Cloud Projects. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages, and the best option for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences.

Sessions:
A Pro Tools session is a file that contains all of the audio and MIDI data, as well as settings, for a specific project. Sessions can be saved to your computer's hard drive, and then opened and edited as needed.

Advantages:

Sessions are self-contained, meaning all the data and files required for a project are stored in a single file, making it easy to share and transfer between users.
You have complete control over where your files are stored and you can backup your sessions in your own way.
It is more stable and less likely to have errors or connectivity issues.
Disadvantages:

Sessions are stored locally on your computer, which means you can only work on them when you have access to the specific computer where the session is saved.
Collaborating with other users can be more difficult as you need to share the session file and make sure everyone has the same version of the software and plug-ins.
Cloud Projects:
Cloud Projects, also called Avid NEXIS Cloudspaces, allows you to store and share Pro Tools sessions in the cloud, which allows you to access your projects from anywhere, as long as you have internet access.

Advantages:

Cloud Projects allow you to work on your projects from anywhere, as long as you have internet access.
You can collaborate with other users in real-time, regardless of their location.
Avid NEXIS Cloudspaces provides automatic backup and versioning, which can help protect your data.
Disadvantages:

Cloud Projects rely on internet connectivity, so you may experience delays or problems if you have a weak internet connection.
Cloud storage can be more expensive than local storage over time, and in some cases can have limitations on the amount of storage you can use.
Some users may have security concerns about storing their data in the cloud.
In conclusion, whether you choose to use Sessions or Cloud Projects when working with Avid Pro Tools will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Sessions may be better for those who value control over file storage and prefer to work on a specific computer, while Cloud Projects may be better for those who need to collaborate with others or work remotely.

Quote:
I have a perpetual license for Pro Tools 11 with a lapsed update and support plan. How do I update to the latest version of Pro Tools?
If you have a perpetual license for Pro Tools 11 with a lapsed update and support plan, you can update to the latest version of Pro Tools in the following ways:

Renew your update and support plan: If your update and support plan has lapsed, you can renew it to receive the latest updates and support for your version of Pro Tools. Contact Avid or an authorized Avid reseller to renew your update and support plan.

Upgrade to a newer version of Pro Tools: If you would like to upgrade to a newer version of Pro Tools, you can purchase an upgrade from Avid or an authorized Avid reseller. The cost of the upgrade will depend on the version of Pro Tools you currently have, and the version you wish to upgrade to.

Use the free Pro Tools First: Pro Tools First is a free version of Pro Tools, which allows you to record, edit, and mix up to 16 audio tracks and 512 MIDI tracks. It can be a good way to get started with Pro Tools, or to use as a secondary DAW.

It's worth noting that Pro Tools 11 is an older version of the software and it is no longer actively supported by Avid. Upgrading to the latest version of Pro Tools will give you access to more features, better performance, and ongoing support and updates from Avid.

Also, it is important to note that the perpetual license only grants you the right to use the software version you have bought, it doesn't allow you to update to the latest version for free, as update and support plans are separate.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-14-2023 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:02 PM

Default Re: ChatGPT meeds DUC questions...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So it seems there’s more uses for this tech than just creating essays for University degrees. =P

We can answer at least a third of the DUC questions with this. Could probably replace level one tech support too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2023, 12:14 AM

Very nice copypaste from archives. PT First needs to be edited.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:32 AM

Some stuff just spot-on some just off. All from the blank unknowing stare of the AI. From something not focused on or reinforced in this area it is pretty impressive. Where it interestingly got worse was for very specific questions about versions/compatibility. Imagine how good it could be with focused training and a rule-set. Yes lower tier support staff are all gone fast, and maybe better customer support from AI might become a commodity. Less tech savvy companies will suffer, there might be a move to SaaS (support as a service ) imagine SaaS companies just connecting up to a companies current support systems and data and extracting much of the intelligence. Some AI SaaS vendors might give away services for free/low cost just to train on the data, with it hard for many “customers” to say no… and then their staff will be supervising the AI learning on their data.

Much of the writing of technical and marketing pubs and other stuff will be feeding data to AI which generates the content. And it will be helping write much of the software, doing/helping with code reviews (GitHub copilot and other tools already are helping folks). And AI will be writing lyrics and music for songs, generating synthetic human voice overs and singing. Generating synthetic video images, editing and mastering audio and video, etc.

I have two words for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 67F5AB51-0D34-42A4-B342-84CA84BCBEF4.jpeg (21.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-14-2023, 06:29 AM

Default Re: ChatGPT meets DUC questions...

Already looks better than Microsoft paid support

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 01-14-2023, 12:48 PM

Microsoft already invested more than "One BILLION Dollars".

On track to invest ten.

Now, this current model is randomly trained by real human checkers to provide "statistically likely advice".

What tech companies will be able to do to properly leverage this technology for their own forum/support/training bots is go through years worth of (key point here) "validated data" from existing customer support, product documentation, training tutorials and materials, etc.

How do they validate it? Right now, Chat-GPT doesn't differentiate between truth and falseness. It is based on unverified data right now, but the accessing and formatting of the answers is "modelled" on the internet. Think of the crap on Quora and Stack Exchange compared to the gold. Think of actually incorrect propaganda politically, philosophically, scientifically. Think of all the debates....

To the degree data in potential exchanges can be validated for uses like software and hardware training and troubleshooting, the answers of the bots could be closer to correct. It could be tightened up to say (in so many words) "my certainty probability is decreasing rapidly here, could be a slippery slope." In other words, it should know when a real human should have a closer look. It shouldn't BS, I would hope!
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 01-14-2023, 01:48 PM

Whenever I face a chat-bot ot customer service number with a minute fee, that is the moment I start looking for another company.
Old 01-14-2023, 02:01 PM

Microsoft has invested around $3B in OpenAI (so between ~1x and ~3x the size of the annual DAW software market, depending on what you measure/who you believe, looking at an additional $10B. That's in OpenAI, and does not count all their other expenditure on AI related technology. With all the Microsoft and Azure work there, I'll guess at lease a few $B more (~$25B annual total R&D spend... and AI spend will be an interesting/growing fraction of that... and it's expensive with high-end staffing needs, lots of compute resources, custom tooling, data management, etc.). And in part I suspect Microsoft has a hard time hiring top AI/ML folks so letting OpenAI do that as a startup get things going faster.

OK Google, your move... (Don't underestimate what Google has done, what projects like Google Brain have done (I know/have worked with folks from there working on ML imaging stuff, just wow)). OpenAI has done really well and gotten ahead here in public use and public perception and Google needs to address that.
Old 01-14-2023, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Whenever I face a chat-bot ot customer service number with a minute fee, that is the moment I start looking for another company.
The rate of change from what leading systems are capable of to what most of us have experience in past systems is so huge. It's like trying to compare having a conversation with a toddler and a university student... in areas where the models are well trained.

We are likely at the point already, where it is difficult to tell you are dealing with a ChatGBT system or not. Maybe pretty soon many folks won't ever get to experience a human doing first tier support. Or if they do, it's a human maybe monitoring/supervising the AI. And for folks who miss that human contact, they'll be able to talk to their AI therapist.
Old 01-14-2023, 02:31 PM

Don't know if it is ChatGPT or something else, but when I interact with my local airline chatbot and enter keyword "human" I get a real person to chat with me.

Sometimes I find it convenient. But If I need to make a slightest change to a flight ticket, I need a real person doing it. Preferably over phone, but as said sometimes chat and doing something else is better.

But the day real customer service stops, I will retire.