Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 01-30-2020, 10:37 AM

Default Can't open sessions created 11.3.1 on 10.3.9 error: because created in older version

I have two PT 10 rigs that this same error comes up when trying to open sessions that were created in PT 11.3.1: "The Document could not be opened because it was created with an older version of protools" Which it wasn't

I am unable to open on either of my PT 10 rigs. I have been able to do this in the past with no problem on the same exact systems:

One is a 2009 mac pro 8 core running OSX 10.8.5 with PT 10.3.9 Apogee Symphony

The other is a late 2012 macbook pro OSX 10.8.5 with PT 10.3.10

Same problem with both systems, I had the person who is running 11.3.1 on a macbook pro (don't have all those specs) send me session file backups, none of those worked, I had them create a new blank session and I wasn't even able to open that up on either of my systems, I went through general troubleshooting, repaired disc permissions etc. I even re-installed PT on one of my computers. I also Tried creating a new session on my rig and import the session data from theirs - no go. I sent them a new blank session that I created and had them import session data and send back. That didn't work either. I then asked another person with PT11 to send me a file and I was unable to open that on either of my systems. I'm going to lose their business pretty quickly and don't have the dough to upgrade. This system has been so solid for so long....