Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 05-06-2022, 02:30 PM

Default MTRX Studio unresponsive to DADMan

Hello,
I am having a slightly odd problem with MTRX Studio. MTRX Studio seems to be stuck on manual IP address of 10.0.7.20, but DADMan will not connect with it. When I try to connect with the manual address it does nothing. When I try to switch it to DHCP it still does not connect. I tried to reset the unit to DHCP in recovery mode and that does not help either.

When I right click on the IP address in DADman it only gives me Network Settings options, but both manual and DHCP are unresponsive.
I have tried just about everything I can think of and the unit seems bricked, unable to connect with DADman.
I am on a Mac Pro 7,1 with ethernet into the primary port.

Dante Soundcard and Controller seem to communicate with the MTRX at 169.254.226.158, but dadman keeps popping up with the 10.0.7.20 address and is unresponsive. I have spent so many hours trying to fix this and I cannot find anyone online with this problem.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Any pointers or help is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 5.03.45 PM.png (29.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.59.49 PM.jpg (22.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-06-2022, 04:03 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio unresponsive to DADMan

I don't know if it is a bug in DADman or just the way it works, but my setup also has a 10.0.0.# IP address for DADman control despite the rest of my local network and Dante operating in the 192.168.0.# range with a router dishing out IP addresses.

In any case, it works fine here and you'll only need one network cable to address both DADman control and Dante.

My suggestion would be to do it in steps. Turn off/stop everything Dante related. Hard reset your MTRX Studio (I think there are a couple of reset options based on how long you hold the button down for), and try and get DADman to communicate with the MTRX Studio. Try DHCP for both your Mac Pro ethernet port and the MTRX studio, and see how you go. Remove all other devices from the network and just focus on getting communication between DADman and the MTRX Studio.

Once that is working, try and get Dante working - but, a heads up - I don't think it has ever worked or been supported on the Mac Pro 7,1 internal ethernet ports. Perhaps that has changed with recent updates to Dante for M1 compatibility, but previously a separate ethernet connection like a dedicated network PCIe card or TB to ethernet adapter has been required with 7,1 Mac Pros. Audinate have some stuff about supported TB to ethernet dongles on their website.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:28 AM
Avid

The IP address listed under Settings > Device List > Network Settings is likely wrong. This is a known bug which hopefully will be addressed in the upcoming 5.6 DADman version.

With macOS 12.3 or higher, Apple fixed the issue for Audinate of 10GbE NICs in Apple Computers with Dante Virtual Soundcard.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-25-2022, 10:52 AM

Had the same problem today. Tried to reset the MTRX Studio with no luck. And to cap it all the MTRX is dead in the water. No front panel lights except a faint power button and DADman does not see the unit at all. HELP!
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 07-06-2022, 01:25 PM
Avid

For future reference - you may be able to right click on the device ip from Settings > Device ID > and boot into Application Mode if you previously held down the reset (recessed) switch at the rear of the unit > near the footswitch input.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ