Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-14-2002, 09:40 AM

Default Re: The futute of 001 (again)?

Sorry to hear about your situation Smith...

I can assure you that this is exactly what I was told on the phone by the customer service rep at Digidesign. I really don't know how "in the loop" they keep the product registration customer service people (the reason for my call was to confirm that they had received my regiastration via snailmail), but that's what the man said...

Believe me, I hope it's sooner rather than later too...

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:08 PM

Thanks guys for being so cool. I felt like a jerk that I posted it so gruffly. I'm actually not that outspoken of a guy, and I just kinda lost it. My apologies...and I'm just gonna give it a little more time. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:41 PM

What is the H word?
Old 03-14-2002, 08:51 PM

I don't think that you should have to appologize. You're only asking for what you wrer promised. There seems to be this attitude that we must be ever so humble on this site.Why? aren't we adults on here??If you can opperate pro tools,then you are old enuf to take a little heat,or dish it out,as needed.OOOHH,did I offend? GOOD.
Old 03-14-2002, 09:20 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> What is the H word? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hack Pronunciation Key (hk)
v. hacked, hack·ing, hacks
v. tr.
To cut or chop with repeated and irregular blows: hacked down the saplings.
To break up the surface of (soil).

Informal. To alter (a computer program): hacked her text editor to read HTML.
To gain access to (a computer file or network) illegally or without authorization: hacked the firm's personnel database.
Slang. To cut or mutilate as if by hacking: hacked millions off the budget.
Slang. To cope with successfully; manage: couldn't hack a second job.
Old 03-15-2002, 02:22 AM

Darren I can barely hack your last post. LOL [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com
Old 03-15-2002, 04:51 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by SmithFlook:
I've mutilated my computer 20 times with Partition magic trying to get this thing going.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liberated is the correct word... sony wants to control your brain through their proprietary software....
Old 03-15-2002, 07:04 AM

Remember, CD's are only 16bit at 44.1khz. And thats the media most of us are distributing our media on, unless were using mp3's and you usually dont meet cd quality until you have a sample rate of something like 320 or something, and those files take up alot more room than a 192 or 128kb mp3 on your web server. Also I agreee that a well engineered 24/4800 song will produce an excellent song. All of the best stuff recorded on the MIX systems are all recorded at this rate. Personally, I wouldnt think about upgrading until they have CD's that can take advantage of the technology
~Mike
[email protected]
Old 03-15-2002, 07:12 PM

You know what would be really awesome. Is if Digi would actually answer the posts about what we suggest to improve. Like for example: "I want more tracks." Wouldn't it be cool if there was a post from a developer that said. "We're on it. You'll have ut very soon." It's not like they have to keep that a secret from their competitors. Their competitors already have more tracks, compatability etc times a million. Get with the times already. They better be working on something big for us "little" non TDM users or I'm out of here. I'm sick of this crap. I haven't even been able to run my Pro Tools setup in over a month because I've had it for more than a year and refuse to pay for tech support. I already paid for when I bought my 001. I've submitted my problem over a month ago and no one in the forum could help. If no one in the forum can help then it's MAJOR problem. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2002, 09:45 PM

Isn't "hacking" a descriptive adjective of what we do when we cut / copy / paste things in Pro Tools? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.