Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2003, 09:08 PM

Default Cannot get MIDI patches to change from PT6

I have a Digi001 running PT6 LE on MacOS X. I set up the Apple Audio Midi Setup to recognize my Alesis QS6.1 keyboard and it is connected to the Digi001 interface. When I am working with MIDI files in PT, I can get all the notes to be played by the Alesis, but the patch changes are being ignored (or not sent). When I click the patch symbol in the Mix window, the correct patch names show up. Regardless of which one I select though, nothing changes on the Alesis. I tried this with another sound module as well to no avail. Both units in General MIDI mode. Has anyone hit this before? What am I doing wrong?

Damien
Old 04-01-2003, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Cannot get MIDI patches to change from PT6

Hi Damien my name is Damir and i have had the same problem using a keyboard controller and sound modules through the digi 001 PROTOOLS V6 on mac G4 450 1MB RAM -OSX-
Unfortunately i also spent days trying to make sence of this. My conclusion is the new version software has got a problem and we can't do much about it untill another software update.
I found the patch changes do occur when i use my controller keyboard but not when i use the software, and you will find eaven if you enter program changes in to the edit window they still won't work. the only way to fix this is erase the patch list so you don't have any patch names and you will find then the program changes will work except you will have to memorize your programs in numbers not names which sucks i know.Pitty protools havent fixed this small software bug because i was looking forward to using protools as my one and only program for audio and midi.If you stumble on an answer i would love to be hear from you or anyone who can help.
just in case also check your midi filterig is set correctly as well as erasing your patch lists
DAMIR
Old 04-04-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Cannot get MIDI patches to change from PT6

There are patch documents available now at: http://digicake.com/midnam/. Maybe there is one for your sound module and you will be able to place into your dididesign patch names folder and make the program changes that you want.