Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Default Elastic Audio Workflow

after quantizing drums with elastic audio I'm finding that the vocal that was sung to the out-of-time drums, now sounds "off" in places and it's not just a matter of shifting it. I'm wondering if I should be including the vocal tracks and maybe some others in the region group when quantizing to the drum triggers...? any thoughts... or might this be a really bad idea.

I've had this happen now twice where I've gottten a track's rhythm section to groove way better, but then the vox and all the stuff that's more about the feel and less exact rhythmically doesn't feel quite "right"
Old 05-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Elastic Audio Workflow

Once you open the can worms by groovin the drums you have to do that to everything else in the track. Elastic audio is great for groovin vocals and everything for that matter. That's just part of the process. You might as well get used to it. It would be best to do the overdubs after you groove the drums up. It's alot less work.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Elastic Audio Workflow

Once you open the can worms by groovin the drums you have to do that to everything else in the track. Elastic audio is great for groovin vocals and everything for that matter. That's just part of the process. You might as well get used to it. It would be best to do the overdubs after you groove the drums up. It's a lot less work.