Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 02:14 PM

Default \"Losing\" sends, busses and tracks

This is rather annoying.

Today I lost the right side of a stereo aux with Altiverb inserted. Happened after I de-activated an aux track with Ivory and SSL Channel inserted. I re-assigned I/O's for the aux with Altiverb, and got the right side back.

I later re-activated the aux track with Ivory, but now it wouldn't pass audio. The midi track showed activity as normal, and Ivory also showed that it received midi.
So, I re-assigned I/O's for this aux, and then it worked as normal.

This happens quite a lot now, and I can't pin it.

The only thing I could find was that I had both WaveShell 5.0 and 5.0.1 in the plug-ins folder. I didn't have time to test the system, but will do so tomorrow.

Anyone experienced this?
Old 05-20-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: \"Losing\" sends, busses and tracks

One of the mixers I work with lost one side of one his buses the othet day and nothing we tried got it back. Eventually we had to create another bus and send everything through that just to get the session working again.
Sorry cant be more helpful but just letting you know you're not the only one
Old 05-20-2006, 04:23 PM

I've seen that with the GML EQ -- check you have updated plug-ins installed.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-20-2006, 04:35 PM

Quote:

The only thing I could find was that I had both WaveShell 5.0 and 5.0.1 in the plug-ins folder.
Hi,

I thought both waveshell 5.0 and 5.0.1 should now be replaced with 5.0.3 and or 5.2 in PT7 and Toger!! Have you updated with the waves pt7 update?

I have also experienced sends going dead in the past, usually a reboot of PT or assigning a new bus is the quick fix. I haven't experienced this since moving from 6.9 though.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:50 PM

Thanks, guys.

Chris, I actually haven't installed the Waves PT 7 update, not that I can remember. I downloaded it now and I'll check that. I keep the latest plug-in installers in a folder on the desktop, so that's easy to verify.

Rail, I don't have the GML EQ, but thanks for the heads up. As mentioned above I'll check that my Waves plug-ins are compato.

Wheresmyfroggy...always nice to know that somewhere out there...

Thanks again. I'll post how it turns out.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:06 PM

Still not able to solve this.

Here's what I've done so far. I installed the Waves5PT7PCIx3. So now I have WaveShell-DAE 5.0.5, 5.4.5 and 5.7. Stated to support PT 7. Repaired permissions.

Then I deleted all digidesign databases.

I had a double set of "modules" from InspectorXL in the plug-in folder, and deleted therefore the demo ones. The only content that concerns me in the plug-in folder is "DINR 4.0" (supports PT 6.x I see as I'm writing this, so this might be a biggie), "Mod Delay II.dpm" (wasn't there some issues with that one), and a file calles "test.bin". What's that file doing there?

There's a DINR 7.0 for PT 7, and I'll install that.

As I read this I realize I look like an idiot, having old plug-ins and strange files in my plug-in folder.

To sum up:

1) What's "test.bin"?

2) Are there any known issues with "Mod Delay II.dpm"?

3) "DINR 4.0" is clearly outdated, I'll replace it with the latest.

Still losing audio when I de-/re-activate tracks, delete tracks, Option-dragging sends, create new tracks etc.

I'm probably to blame for all my troubles, but I'd highly appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:42 PM

Hi,

try removing all but the essential plugins from the folder and try that!
test.bin has appeared in my plugins folder as well! i delete it, but it returns occasionally. don't know what it's related to!

Trash all the Digi/DAE and pro tools prefs!

reset your i/o setup and rebuild it! your inputs/outputs/inserts and busses. it's a bit of a pain, but the best thing to do for your type of troubles.

also reinstall PT, its not that drastic? use the CD installer and select uninstall, use the safe option first if that doesn't work use the clean option. reboot and then reinstall PT and the cs updates.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:50 AM

Thanks a million, Chris. Now I'm back on track. This is what I did:
Quote:
Trash all the Digi/DAE and pro tools prefs!

reset your i/o setup and rebuild it! your inputs/outputs/inserts and busses. it's a bit of a pain, but the best thing to do for your type of troubles.

Adding to that I updated DINR and deleted the Volumes folder.

I can work as I'm used to again. Excellent.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM

There was another thread on this about 3 months ago.

I have found it comes and goes. It went about for me and then came back 2 months later. I have tried almost everything including calling Digi. They didn't even know it existed.

Here is a link to the other thread.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...c=1&PHPSESSID=
Old 06-09-2006, 01:50 AM

Hey Digi and fellow Eternal Digi Beta Testers

I've had this happen as well a few times and in my case restarting did not help, in fact recently the (paired) busses completely disappeared off of the i/o (buss) settings and in one case rearranged the order of the busses so 13-14 was before 9-10 which led me to believe that the i/o settings went corrupt somehow so the only solution was to trash the old settings and rebuild new i/o settings and save (export) it. This seems to help for a while but it seems there is something that corrupts the sessions i/o settings because this has happened more than once. Actually the first time I experienced it was at the Warner Bros Dub stage and they were running 6.9.1. at that time so I suspect that this isn't a 7.0 or a rewire or third party plug-in issue because that system is completely bareboned and only runs digirack plug-ins... then again it only happened once there (as far as I know) and it happened a few times with my system running 7.0 and all third party plugs so who knows...

Hope this helps,

RS