Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-11-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Disk Allocation problems when using template

Hi, We were just doing some learning during our session tonight and have stumbled across a curious problem, perhaps a bug, since one of the people working tonight (a digi certified engineer) does not have this problem on his 6.4 at home. We are running 6.7 on xp service pack 2, 002 rack on a dell laptop. We created a template, loaded it, renamed it and saved to my firewire drive (template is on the laptop's hard drive). Wehn we go to record audio to the new session, it will not record to the firewire drive no matter what. If we go to change the disk allocation settings, they give the firewire drive as an option but keep recording to the c drive. In the top part of the window, where it lists disk allocation for each track, that stays as C even though underneath it changes it to E:\ (my firewire dirve). Also, since I am posting, is there a way to get the click plug in to play while in low latency monitoring (which by default deactivates plug-ins)? It kind of defeats the point of a click track if it won't work in low-latency monitoring. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Disk Allocation problems when using template

Have a look LINK NO LONGER EXISTS HERE[/url]

There are solutions for creating a session template, as well as using a click with LLM turned on.

A thread called
"Making Session Template w/proper disk allocation"

And another thread called

"using Internal Click plug in PTLE w/ LLM turned ON"

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 02-12-2005, 07:46 AM

I do it a little different. I have a session template saved on my audio drive. When I want to make a new session, I just create the new session with the correct bit sample rate/bit depth, then click FILE>IMPORT SESSION DATA and point to the template session. So far its working very nicely.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-12-2005, 10:31 AM

Thanks Albee, I may still have a few habbits that have hung around from Pro-tools 4 sessions, OR, I may have just never found the "Quick way home" on some things.

Your meathod works perfectly, and is simpler, therefore I've updated the above linked thread, and credited you for the contribution.

- MacStudio M1
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
Old 02-12-2005, 03:43 PM

Thank You so much! That answers both questions. Kind of silly that these things aren't more directly accomplished, but at least they work. Although I like protools much better than SOnar, SOnar handles templates in a much better way. Oh well, I'm totally PT now, so I'll just have to deal. While you have been so helpful, is there any way to lay a template over an exisiting session? For example, you have 4 songs in the same project and the person is lookign for the same drum sound on all of the tunes- can you import all of your settings onto the existing drum tracks rather than having to save all plug in settings and reinsert into the new song? More importantly, can aux routings and gorupings be laid into a new tune? Thanks again.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:11 PM

I think when you import session data, it brings everything but the audio/midi files.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-13-2005, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Thank You so much! That answers both questions. Kind of silly that these things aren't more directly accomplished, but at least they work. Although I like protools much better than SOnar, SOnar handles templates in a much better way. Oh well, I'm totally PT now, so I'll just have to deal. While you have been so helpful, is there any way to lay a template over an exisiting session? For example, you have 4 songs in the same project and the person is lookign for the same drum sound on all of the tunes- can you import all of your settings onto the existing drum tracks rather than having to save all plug in settings and reinsert into the new song? More importantly, can aux routings and gorupings be laid into a new tune? Thanks again.
Yes... all of this... same as loading "blank tracks" from your template.

when you import a track, it imports plugins used, settings, levels, you can also import Aux tracks, and Master faders using the "import session data" command in pro-tools.

- MacStudio M1
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA