Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2012, 11:05 PM

Exclamation Audio files are moved to wrong time after saving pt10 session for pt9

Hey everyone, I recently had an overdub session using protools 10(HD3 TDM) and did a save as protools 9 session to use on my home system.(9 HD native)

When I opened up the session many of the overdubbed regions are moved 1-4 seconds off in what seems like a random way.
Some regions are in the right place, others have this large offset.

If I spot the regions in the track or from the region list they have the wrong timestamp and go to the wrong time.
If I import the audio file from the audio files folder and spot it to a new track it goes to the correct place.

It seems like maybe the offset is related to quickpunch as the offsets seems to be what I might use for preroll.

Anyone seen this before?

Is there a way to rescan a wav file's timestamp within protools?

I tried searching the forums but couldn't come up with anything similar.

thanks!