Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-04-2023, 08:59 PM

Default Channel Page default Tab help needed

Hi
I have a Dock and I am trying to do the following.
Let us assume my Tablet is showing the Mixer Screen and I would like to program a softkey to edit my EQ Settings. I need the Tablet to open op the Channel page on the tablet and default to the EQ Section of that screen. I do the following.

• I Setup up following command to take me to the Channel page on the tablet. Surface -> Avid Control-> Visible View -> Channel.

So far so good but I can not find a way to make the chanel page open with the EQ Tab already selected. This only seems to be possible if I touch the EQ Tab on the Tablet screen. This is also valid for all other options in that segment of the channel screen on the tablet. (Inser/Input/DYN/EQ/AUX/ PAN (This is the default Tab) / GROUP/MIX/HEAT/Instrument)

Am I missing something or is it just not possible with the current version of Eucontrol ?
Old 02-04-2023, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Channel Page default Tab help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoute View Post
Hi
I have a Dock and I am trying to do the following.
Let us assume my Tablet is showing the Mixer Screen and I would like to program a softkey to edit my EQ Settings. I need the Tablet to open op the Channel page on the tablet and default to the EQ Section of that screen. I do the following.

• I Setup up following command to take me to the Channel page on the tablet. Surface -> Avid Control-> Visible View -> Channel.

So far so good but I can not find a way to make the chanel page open with the EQ Tab already selected. This only seems to be possible if I touch the EQ Tab on the Tablet screen. This is also valid for all other options in that segment of the channel screen on the tablet. (Inser/Input/DYN/EQ/AUX/ PAN (This is the default Tab) / GROUP/MIX/HEAT/Instrument)

Am I missing something or is it just not possible with the current version of Eucontrol ?
There’s a new setting in EuControl 2022.12
Improvements for Function Views while Navigating Among Track Types

Read about it here on pg.14

https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi....12.pdf#page14

It allows you to recall specific function views by track type. This should achieve what you’re looking for depending on your preference setting.
Old 02-05-2023, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Channel Page default Tab help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
There’s a new setting in EuControl 2022.12
Improvements for Function Views while Navigating Among Track Types

Read about it here on pg.14

https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi....12.pdf#page14

It allows you to recall specific function views by track type. This should achieve what you’re looking for depending on your preference setting.
Hi Its2loud
THX for pointing this out to me, looks like a nice improvement to the previous behaviour but unfortunately this does not solve my issue. What I am aiming to do is recall specific tabs/combinations depending on if I am working on the EQ or if I am working on the Inputs/sends etc…..

Just like you can set the Surface to Jump to the Channel Pag I would like to be able to also set what Tab in the Channel page it defaults to.

I tried your suggestion, but it only works for one Choice at a time, and it only keeps this option saved for as long as I do not restart my computer or eucontrol. Sadly, the tab chosen cannot be saved in a layout so using the layout function to recall different tabs does not work either ☹.

I guess what I am trying to do is not possible now but maybe in a future update ��. Nevertheless thanx again for offering your assistance. Have a niche Sunday ��