Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 04:27 PM

Default Selecting Audio...How Did Digi Miss This?

I love our new C24. I've rapidly grown to depend on it.

But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how when designing this unit, Digi neglected to address the principle use of Pro Tools....manipulating audio.

Yes, you can navigate the screen and zoom up and down, but how do I quickly select a region, slice off the unwanted front or back of it, and get to work? Even EQ Magazine pointed out this weakness, and it's a huge one. You are still saddled to the mouse. I hope there will be a way in the future of addressing this.

Old 06-07-2001, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Selecting Audio...How Did Digi Miss This?

Hey Tom,

The only way that comprehensive editing could have been achieved with the C24 would have been to incorporate a keyboard and pointing device into the unit, which would have obviously increased the size and price of the unit. And which would be included USB or ADB or both?

I don't imagine that digi will be addressing this in the future. The only possible solution might come from companies like Argosy or Omnirax. They could incorporate a keyboard and mouse/trackball into their design so that it looks more incorporated into the console.

- Jan
Old 06-12-2001, 09:45 AM

They didn't miss it, they left it out. That is what ProControl with Edit Pack is for. Why would Digi provide a product that replaces a more expensive product? This is a great solution at a lower cost. It does present a spendid opportunity for some vendor to create a edit pack bolt on for C24.

Anyone...anyone at all?
Old 06-12-2001, 01:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PDupre:
[b]They didn't miss it, they left it out. That is what ProControl with Edit Pack is for. Why would Digi provide a product that replaces a more expensive product? "

It's not quite that black and white. The C24 already does more than the ProControl. The thing is too large to sensibly add on a keyboard and mouse...you'd be way at the end of it all the time, displaced from the sweet spot.

Right now I'll be happy if they give me a one button solution for switching between INPUT and AUTO INPUT monitoring

Anyone...anyone at all?[

[This message has been edited by tomhartman (edited June 12, 2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 06:06 AM

Hi,

There is a one botton to switch auto/input mode. The monitor button two to the left, next to the channel bar display does this.

Okay here is one back . How do you pan each side of a stereo bus. I know it must be somewhere.
Old 06-14-2001, 07:49 AM

The "Page" button will allow you to adjust the right side panning of a stereo track or aux.

[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: Jan Folkson ]
Old 06-14-2001, 08:30 PM

The "Page" button will allow you to adjust >the right side panning of a stereo track or aux.
[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: Jan Folkson ]

--------------------

- Jan Folkson

thanks will try to night.

Bye Dave