Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 02-06-2012, 09:21 PM

Default Elastic Properties Stuck? --pre bounce vs. post bounce

I have 2 issues that are preventing me from working. Hopefully someone can shed some light. Here's the first one:

When I record vocals, they sound great in PT, BUT after I bounce it, the audio is in a lower octave and sounds unnatural....even though that's not what I hear in the session itself.

*In the past I have switched one track to polyphonic and adjusted the pitch to -1, but I ended up switching it back to 0 and changed the elastic properties to "none".

*I tried to record the vocal track on a brandnew track AND on a new session, but the bounce always sounds tampered with (in a weird low voice).

Not sure what to do here. Please help if you have any knowledge on this subject. Thanks :)
Old 02-07-2012, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Elastic Properties Stuck? --pre bounce vs. post bounce

Do you think it's just a bug in my PT and I should have it checked out? Because I really can't figure this out on my own. If anyone has ANY idea... I would be forever grateful.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Elastic Properties Stuck? --pre bounce vs. post bounce

Sounds like a word clock problem. You need all your digital devices and ProTools locked to the same clock. If you have ProTools clocked to an external digital device running at 48, but ProTools is set to 44.1, everything you bounce to disk is going to come out goofy and pitched down.