Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2009, 04:11 PM

Default Region based varispeed - feature request

For post sound design purposes:

Before I make a feature request, I want to say I'm really digging the PT8 enhancements. Nice work folks! Automation lanes, playlist improvements, quick solo & mute, the "other displays" access, etc.. You guys have really changed and inspired my workflow.

Not new to PT8, but the region based pitching is also really coming in handy. The next logical step would be region-based varispeed. I do this all the time using Pitch'N Time, by drawing a pitch curve & having the tempo follow. With automation lanes, I'm automating pitch like I never did before, but the sound suffers pretty quickly with sometimes even slight pitch changes. I really like the sound of the varispeed elastic audio, but that is across all tracks, and drawing tempo changes doesn't allow the smoothness I need, PLUS, forget going earlier in a reel and modifying the tempo or you ripple everything downstream out of sync.

And I do mean the ability to plot points & draw curves, not just a "pitch it one value without time correction".

Region-based varispeed, that doesn't affect the sync of other regions on the same track, would just be fantastic, at least for sound design.

Last edited by Farmer Dave; 10-10-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: additional info