Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2003, 09:26 PM

Default Re: PT6.1 release on July 1st ?

According to Digi....late June.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:40 PM

I'll start to expect it sometime in August then...
Old 05-06-2003, 12:42 AM

Default PT6.1 release on July 1st ?

When is 6.1 going be released?
Old 05-06-2003, 08:01 AM

You know it really kills me when we, the DAW Community, complain about the time it take companies like Digidesign to put out updates and/or upgrades to its software. Do you realize the complexities that go into programming these apps? We sit up here and bitch and moan because it takes to long for them to put out the updates. Then if they put them out to soon and certain features don't work or aren't present we bitch and moan again. Digi, and whoever else, take as much time as you need to get the apps done right. I would much rather get an app that works perfectly months later then get it sooner and nothing works. And for those out there that fit into the premise of this note, I have a little clever metaphor for you ... leave the microwave alone and use the stove. Get the picture?
Old 05-06-2003, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by scoobdaproduca:
You know it really kills me when we, the DAW Community, complain about the time it take companies like Digidesign to put out updates and/or upgrades to its software. Do you realize the complexities that go into programming these apps? We sit up here and bitch and moan because it takes to long for them to put out the updates. Then if they put them out to soon and certain features don't work or aren't present we bitch and moan again. Digi, and whoever else, take as much time as you need to get the apps done right. I would much rather get an app that works perfectly months later then get it sooner and nothing works. And for those out there that fit into the premise of this note, I have a little clever metaphor for you ... leave the microwave alone and use the stove. Get the picture?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree! In Pro Tools 6.0.1, although there are some nice new features, you can find tons of problems! As of now if I go back to use the 5.3.2 version under OS 9, I feel like I'm back in the Heaven of speed and reliability! Pro Tools 6.0.1 is IHMO USELESS!!!!!!!!!! And full of sluggishness and bugs after bugs!!!
[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
I did everything to setup my OS X properly! Really!!! Still when I work with 6.0.1 I feel like I'm in a deep mud or should I say in the deep sh.t!!!
Sometimes I feel I want my money back!!!!!

IT IS NOT THE CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY WHEN AND HOW TO GET OUT WITH ANY NEW PRODUCT! SINCE WE PAY THOSE COMPANIES THOSANDS OF DOLLARS IT SHOULD BE THEIR PROBLEM IF THEY MADE ANY MISTAKES AND NOT OURS!!!!!! ALSO IT SHOULD BE THEIR PROBLEM HOW TO COMPENSATE US, CUTOMERS FOR THOSE MISTAKES!!!

scoobdaproduca,
If I hadn't spent tens of thousands of dollars on a Pro Tools system to get a professional DAW
I probably wouldn't complain too much but it is a little bit strange that e.g. Logic Audio is always on top of their deadlines and they don't ask tens of thousands of dollars for their setup!
However I'm tending to feel that most of the software companies try not to give us good and reliable (like Mercedes, BMW or Lexus) softwares because if they would (and they easily could) they will lose lots of money and maybe business too! I t is the way of these days 's damn MARKETING!!!!

I loved Pro Tools till now! But I love the new things too if they are good!!
Now I have to go back to the Good Old Pro-Tools 5.3.2 befor my clients leave me for good! I will miss the Groove Quantize capabilities of Pro Tools 6 and some other little things, but my work will be smooth and fast again!
By the way I don't understand why there is no Groove Quantize function in v. 5.3.2????
I guess it is the damn marketing again!!

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3
Old 05-07-2003, 06:36 AM

I wouldn't complain so much if Digi weren't late on every single thing that I have ever really seen them put a date on. I totally understand that they are working very hard and they have a really tough job, however, you would think they should be able to estimate stuff a little better by now. I know stuff can come up at the last minute just when you think you were finished with everything but I still get a little impatient. I am going to complain every now and then, but because I am doing that, I will stay very loyal to Digi and just might never move to any other system. Besides, all the money I have given them, I feel like I should own stock in the company and be given a small voice to express my opinions.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by scoobdaproduca:
You know it really kills me when we, the DAW Community, complain about the time it take companies like Digidesign to put out updates and/or upgrades to its software.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I actually wasn't complaining when I said I would expect 6.1 sometime in August, I was just being optimistic...
Old 05-07-2003, 07:16 AM

[quote]Originally posted by TiPo:
Quote:
Pro Tools 6.0.1 is IHMO USELESS!!!!!!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A good installation of PT 6 has no problems. A bad installation of PT5 has lots of problems.

Unless my computer blows up I will never have to go back to using PT5.x. Thank dog for that.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:48 AM

Well, the last thing they put out (6.0.1) was a day or two late and there were people bitching on this board.

There are three problems:

1) We bitch to get a release date when the company doesn't want to give one because they don't know when it will be done. Do any of you have an IT experience? Building it is a lot harder than using it.

2) We bitch when that release date that the company didn't want to give us anyway is missed.

3) We bitch when the resulting software doesn't work properly.

How about less bitching?

xo
dl
Old 05-08-2003, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Lang:

How about less bitching?

xo
dl
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">How about in time and professionally working upgrades for professionally high prices we pay for them????

Pro-Tools 10.3.10 HD 2 Accel PCIe
OSX 10.10.3