Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2021, 07:54 AM

Default Anyone else struggle with this? "Instruments Out"

This just looks like a mess to me. Most of these aren't even VIs and I'm never going to use MIDI to automate an EQ. Such a major headache just to find a sample trigger. Maybe it's bad management on my part...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 15.47.03.jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-28-2021, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Anyone else struggle with this? "Instruments Out"

yes it's a pain since Fabfilter and a few others are creating midi nodes (if that is the correct term) to control features on every plugin so you get a huge dump of midi routing. I don't think this can be disabled.

Only workarounds have been to label the track like AAA or XXX or something that catches your eye and ends up at one end of the list or the other.

I also have reported that I believe this too many nodes is part of the problem where sometimes deep into a session you can't correctly point a midi output to a plugin or outboard external - it always "jumps" and selects a random output. happens a lot but i can't reproduce it in a series of steps (yet)
Old 09-28-2021, 05:23 PM

Agreed, these are annoying, and FabFilter is the most common offender in my studio. It's not been a showstopper but it would be nice to be able to turn off the MIDI registrations within certain plugins.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:27 AM

Thanks for the replies. I've created a "User Setting" that unticks "MIDI enabled" in the Q3, hopefully that might bring the list down a bit in future? Worth a go anyway I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 15.25.35.png (50.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Thanks for the replies. I've created a "User Setting" that unticks "MIDI enabled" in the Q3, hopefully that might bring the list down a bit in future? Worth a go anyway I guess.
Good idea.