Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2011, 11:42 AM

Default DigiTechSupport - help! ASC issue

EDIT: I've preserved the original down there, but Avid did update my case as of 10:30pm here, and it helps a lot. My suggestion would be that they send out this type of email earlier to not leave the customer hanging. That being said, I now have a place to email/update/etc. This is exactly what I want as a customer seeking support. Thank you.

Hi DigiTechSupport -

Feel free to delete/move this, I just need to get a hold of information and have no other method without buying another phone code.

I am experiencing 2 bugs in PT (that others are also experiencing). I bought a code and called this morning. Unfortunately, I can't be in front of my PT HD machine during regular calling hours for your tech support. So, after waiting on hold for 30+ minutes (), the support guy gave me some things to try and said I should report back.

However, the ASC summary email is a no-reply, and when I enter my support code on Avid.com to open up an email support, it comes up as invalid (even though in my ASC summary email it said I had an email support remaining). How do I send my findings in/update the information?

Finally, I am kinda bummed that I don't get at least a little support for free and had to pay $80, when I just bought an HD Native rig - and these are clearly bugs, beyond my control on a qualified system. Hopefully I just missed the "freebie" somewhere? I registered my products but didn't find a support code in the email.

//end

In case you have any knowledge of these bugs, here is the thread I started initially:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=294671

Thanks -
If there's a way to get a hold of someone without entering invalid numbers and/or waiting on hold forever on a paid service... please let me know... I don't want to stir the pot here, I just want to get things running smoothly.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:16 PM

Default Re: DigiTechSupport - help! ASC issue

All information is on the web, use google, saying that, you could probably find the answer to your questions here.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:20 PM

Default Re: DigiTechSupport - help! ASC issue

^^Indeed I have found that I should be getting free support, however, I have searched my registration emails and not found anything showing my support codes.

Additionally, searches on the DUC and google haven't shown me anything in the way of how to update a case when your code comes up as invalid.

EDIT: If anyone knows where to find my (I think) 10 free support codes for 90 days, please let me know. I have the confirmation emails from registering PT HD Native and my HD I/O, but no codes there to my knowledge.

EDIT2: Everything on Avid's site says I should have gotten my free ASC codes with registration. I've got registration confirmation emails - no codes there... Hopefully they'll refund my money or at least let me know how to contact them.