Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2001, 08:58 AM

Default Protools on two screen

I ve got two graphics cards but when i launch protool free it run on one screen by default. So How can i do to have a configuration with two screen by default ?
Old 03-25-2001, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Protools on two screen

Not all programs support Win98's two screen option (which, incedentally, is THE way to run a DAW in a home environment, and very easy to do. Mixer on one screen, song layouts and transports on other).

Find out if PT does by starting a session, dragging out the windows to your taste, saving the session (blank if you like), closing then re-opening the session. If you get two-screen display, great, then just consider saving that layaout as a template, which you can "open" each time you start a new job, and then straight away saving as something else (to avoid writing over your new "template").

MP
Old 03-26-2001, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Protools on two screen

I'm running PTfree with a two monitor set-up and experienced the same situation you're in. PTfree doesn't fully support the multi monitor set up like Mac. I'm still using the two screens though. I toggle back and forth between edit and mix on one and keep plugs, big counter, auto enable, auto locator and my sounds card mixer/CD player visible (not all at once) on the second screen. System's doing lotsa time producing and editing broadcast imaging for stations on the east and west coast...soon, though I'l be upgrading to Tool-Box for the higher track count. Good luck with PT free, once you get used to it's quirks (and there's not really many) it's a great program. I feel just a comfortable on it now as I feel on my PT24/Mac setup at work. (Now if I could just master on it too.....)