Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2022, 11:25 AM
MCorbin's Avatar
MCorbin MCorbin is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 146
Default The Ultimate Pairing...

So while the Pro Tools Perpetual Parachute was a cool idea, it was (obviously) complicated in practice.

So as of today, ALL new Carbon activations will come with Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual instead of the Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Parachute.

The parachute will continue to work in it's parachuty way.

For those of you who missed the promo with PT Ultimate Perpetual but have purchased a Carbon... we got you covered too.

You should be receiving an email sometime today to let you know you have a new Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license available in your Products Not Yet Downloaded section of your MyAvid account.

https://www.avid.com/resource-center...erfect-pairing

Hopefully this will simplify some of the PT questions associated with Carbon and give you a larger toolset to play with.

ENJOY!

M
__________________
Mark Corbin
Avid
Sr Product Manager
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2022, 01:05 PM
massivekerry's Avatar
massivekerry massivekerry is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 413
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Thanks Mark!
__________________
Kerry Smith
http://apothekerry.com

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.0 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2022.12 : S1. Working out the kinks.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-02-2022, 08:49 AM
digiot digiot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: NYC,NY
Posts: 414
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
So while the Pro Tools Perpetual Parachute was a cool idea, it was (obviously) complicated in practice.

So as of today, ALL new Carbon activations will come with Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual instead of the Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Parachute.

The parachute will continue to work in it's parachuty way.

For those of you who missed the promo with PT Ultimate Perpetual but have purchased a Carbon... we got you covered too.

You should be receiving an email sometime today to let you know you have a new Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license available in your Products Not Yet Downloaded section of your MyAvid account.

https://www.avid.com/resource-center...erfect-pairing

Hopefully this will simplify some of the PT questions associated with Carbon and give you a larger toolset to play with.

ENJOY!

M
This makes a lot of sense. However does that mean I won't be able to get my perpetual parachute re-instated!? I already own an Ultimate license and was hoping to just renew the Carbon license.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-02-2022, 03:24 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 13,735
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Thank You Mark and The Avid Team for this

Makes much more sense even if it is a 2500K ”Gift” imho of course

2 Thumbs High
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-02-2022, 03:26 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 13,735
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
This makes a lot of sense. However does that mean I won't be able to get my perpetual parachute re-instated!? I already own an Ultimate license and was hoping to just renew the Carbon license.
Mark just said the Studio Parachute will work as usual aka ”Parachuty way”

Just renewed ours and the ultimate license too so no probs there
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2022, 05:54 PM
JTC111 JTC111 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 72
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

I think this is a smart idea from every angle. I was surprised Avid didn't realize it was a great idea back when it was only a promotion. Between this and releasing Pro Tools Intro, that's two great moves in a row, both of which not only generate a lot of positivity for the brand, but have the potential to turn into regular revenue for the company. Well done!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-2022, 09:31 AM
MCorbin's Avatar
MCorbin MCorbin is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 146
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Yep, Parachute will continue to be renewable and be "parachute-y"

m
__________________
Mark Corbin
Avid
Sr Product Manager
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2022, 09:56 AM
digiot digiot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: NYC,NY
Posts: 414
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Yep, Parachute will continue to be renewable and be "parachute-y"

m
Thanks! Now just make it a little easier to find
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-08-2022, 06:23 AM
Kunst Kunst is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: London
Posts: 17
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Hi guys - just received my Carbon and I see that there is now an unactivated 'Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual' in my Avid account.

I currently use Pro Tools Studio [perpetual product] on an active support plan that just renewed on November 20th.

Are there any benefits to my activating the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence? I understand that it would unlock some features not present in my current Pro Tools Studio perpetual product.

How would this work with the support plan, especially as I just paid to renew for another year?

Also once I start using the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence am I correct in assuming that my yearly support plan is going to get more expensive?

And finally, if I ever end up giving up the Carbon, am I right that the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence goes with it? So then I may end up with an expired Pro Tools Studio licence whose support plan will have lapsed (we know this is not a great situation to be in as often Avid makes you 'buy back in').

Thank you for any help, sometimes this stuff gets quite confusing.

Best!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-08-2022, 07:54 AM
K Roche's Avatar
K Roche K Roche is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wilds of Wyoming
Posts: 1,885
Default Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunst View Post
Hi guys - just received my Carbon and I see that there is now an unactivated 'Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual' in my Avid account.

I currently use Pro Tools Studio [perpetual product] on an active support plan that just renewed on November 20th.

Are there any benefits to my activating the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence? I understand that it would unlock some features not present in my current Pro Tools Studio perpetual product.

How would this work with the support plan, especially as I just paid to renew for another year?

Also once I start using the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence am I correct in assuming that my yearly support plan is going to get more expensive?

And finally, if I ever end up giving up the Carbon, am I right that the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence goes with it? So then I may end up with an expired Pro Tools Studio licence whose support plan will have lapsed (we know this is not a great situation to be in as often Avid makes you 'buy back in').

Thank you for any help, sometimes this stuff gets quite confusing.

Best!
Excellent question as there is not a one solution fits all

If I am understanding what Avid is offering correctly ?

Then unless you currently need some feature in Ultimate I believe that it can just sit in your account while you continue with Studio for a year

So in answer to your questions

#1 No there is no benefit (Other than the additional feature set) to activate Ultimate right now

#2 If you activate it now then in one year you will have two separate perpetual licenses
1-Studio and 2- Ultimate that you will have to renew the "update/support plan to keep them current and updatable.

If you don't renew both update/support plans , and only renew one then one you do not renew will freeze at what ever version you have it at in one year,,, and that update/support will become expired . Which will continue work BUT will not be updatable from that point on.

AND (unless Avid offers a "reinstatement" option) from that point on if either
license update/support plan is expired,,, you will only be able to BUY a subscription to become current and ( like any subscription ) it will not work without renewing it period .

So all this to say If you do not need Ultimate If It were me ---I would let it sit in your account for a year and then decide which to renew
__________________
System :
Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2022.10 .....Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen processor,,128GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory,,2TB SSD storage,,Radeon Pro 5700 XT with 16GB of GDDR6 memory,, on Monterey 12.5.1

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 12-08-2022 at 08:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bought PT Ultimate reinstatement, can't activate Ultimate subbasshead Licensing & Accounts 3 11-29-2019 10:23 PM
iLok pairing problem PT10 reeve.pete Pro Tools 10 6 03-05-2013 04:34 AM
Confusion with the numbering system whilst pairing multiple channels? borez VENUE Live Sound Systems 9 09-05-2011 02:11 PM
Pairing 002 and 002 rack Wannahocaloogie 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 0 03-09-2011 09:03 PM
help with plug ins and pairing faders soundbobby VENUE Live Sound Systems 5 06-07-2009 11:10 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com