How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2022, 08:39 AM

Default spot lock mode

dear avid,

feature request: be able to lock out of SPOT mode the same way you can SHUFFLE LOCK.

that way tilde key would just toggle back and forth between GRID and SLIP mode.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:03 PM

Default Re: spot lock mode

Running the latest version of PT? Have access to SoundFlow?

https://forum.soundflow.org/-5166/grid-mode-toggle

Using the script provided in a reply on this post, I am doing EXACTLY what you describe. Hitting the `~ key and going back and forth between GRID and SLIP only.

Sometimes this would be useful. I went to see if I could make the script, but all the work had been done!
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 10-29-2022, 06:33 AM

This looks really interesting. How does one go about using a script like that? I'm not much of a computer guy so I don't know what to do with it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
Running the latest version of PT? Have access to SoundFlow?

https://forum.soundflow.org/-5166/grid-mode-toggle

Using the script provided in a reply on this post, I am doing EXACTLY what you describe. Hitting the `~ key and going back and forth between GRID and SLIP only.

Sometimes this would be useful. I went to see if I could make the script, but all the work had been done!
Old 10-29-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
amazing, sold! thank you!
Old 10-29-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammon2006 View Post
This looks really interesting. How does one go about using a script like that? I'm not much of a computer guy so I don't know what to do with it. Thanks!
Hi, just a few versions ago, so very recent, Avid announced they were working with a company SoundFlow which enables automation with both pre-made macros and javaScript.

So SoundFlow has a "free with PT" version (and an $11/usd a month or so Pro version that I will definitely be getting). It is a 90 day free trial. Should be a code in your account extras.

Basically, the forum is SUPER helpful, many help others pretty much providing scripts. I am learning but also able to copy, paste, and slightly edit where I can understand.

For example, on that forum post I linked to, part of the script is about switching to Absolute Grid on return toggle, instead of going back to Relative Grid, if you were on Relative. So there was for me a want to put a // in front of that part of code. For example, in ALL javaScript, puting // at the start of a line makes it a comment that doesn't get run. And in this example, the person already had code comments like this, telling me what part of the script did what.

freeCodeCamp provides interactive lessons to learn js basics. It's helping me learn fast. Having a context of knowing what I want to do with Pro Tools, and it is great doing things like turning 50+ key presses for my normal fade/consolidate/rename/export routines into a few presses.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //