Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 PM

Default Re: > Elastic Audio - Artifacts

I must be honest and admit that I haven't tried it with acoustic guitars yet, but my results with multitracked drums have been fine and I'm monitoring on Meyer HD-1's with a sub. The question I must ask is: Are you guys trying to tighten the entire region at once? I still tighten the drums from 4 to 8 bars at a time, sometimes less depending on the way the drummer plays his kit (the drummer I use does a lot of 3 against 2 in his fills, that's a joy to tighten up). I've tried doing the entire region (whole length of the session) and it sounds awful, but if I break it into sections it works really well. It's a different tool, and we need to learn to use it the same way we learned to use BD.

Erik
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 AM

Default Re: > Elastic Audio - Artifacts

I recorded bass on two tracks and when i tried to do Elastic audio quantization, in monophonic mode, I see in analysis mode, warp on the same transient are not inline, no matter i have the tracks in group. That of course is going to phase shift the bass after I quantize the tracks, and soften its sound. is there anything I can do about it?
What i did, is going in, and manually insert warps so they match, delete extra warps, then the results are usable. That takes even more time than i go and replay the bass couple of times to get it right. This tool supposed to help, but as it is, it won't...
Do I miss something?