Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-06-2002, 10:19 PM

Default ibook mbox compatibility

HI is there anyone out there who uses an ibook and box together? what mhz? and does it work ok. does it play back 24 tracks with no problems? thanks a great deal.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:55 AM

Default Re: ibook mbox compatibility

yes. I've got an ibook 700 mhz and 700 mb of ram. It works great, 24 tracks, lots of plugs. runs better than my studio PC (P III)

I love my setup!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:15 PM

I'm using a 600mhz iBook with 256 ram...
I only get 15 mins of 2 track recording before I get the wonderful "disk too slow or fragmented message". I have partitioned my drive and only have one session at a time on the audio partition. I can get a bunch of tracks going no problem for lower times but I can't bounce to disk.
Anyone's help here would be appreciated.
Yes I've done the base set + oms + digi extensions.. and mem cache etc..

Hey Hazy.... How's the new government? I believe it goes against your chances of joining the EU. It seems to that a lot of Europeans are a little afraid to go to Turkey now with a fundamentalist government. Hopefully it works out well for everyone....
Old 11-08-2002, 01:42 AM

iBook G3 500 Mhz; 192 MB RAM

24 tracks... Plays and bounces to disk without any problems.

The last time I really pushed it hard was a 9 minutes song; 22 tracks; 1 reverb; 5 other plug-ins (comp, eq etc) and EXTENSIVE automation. Played and bounced to disk without any problems. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I am sure kingfly is getting a far better performance than me with iBook 700 MHz and 700 MB RAM.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sixpence:
I have partitioned my drive and only have one session at a time on the audio partition.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Digidesign is against partitioning. I use the internal drive without any partitions; just make sure you defrag / optimize the disk with an app like Norton.

With Norton, defrag and optimizing are two different things. "Largest unused amount of disk space" is very important when recording in ProTools. Defrag cannot do this. With optimizing you gather all the data together thus increasing the largest unused amount of disk space.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Hey Hazy.... How's the new government? I believe it goes against your chances of joining the EU. It seems to that a lot of Europeans are a little afraid to go to Turkey now with a fundamentalist government. Hopefully it works out well for everyone....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't know yet, we'll see. Hopefully it works out well. No, they do not go against our chances of joining the EU, at least that's what they say for now.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:32 PM

Norton refused to work on the disk because it was the system disk!

do you keep your sessions on the drive or back the up and the delete them off the drive?
Old 11-11-2002, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Norton refused to work on the disk because it was the system disk!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uh... you have to boot from Norton Disk to defrag and optimize the start up disk. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]