Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 05-05-2021, 08:34 AM

Default Track I/O Input Select Button Frozen / Locked?

Hi, I'm new on the forum, posting for the first time because I haven't been able to find an answer after an hour of searching... so please go easy on me if I'm posting in the wrong place or this has already been answered :)

In both the mix and arrange windows, when I click the track input selector under I/O, the drop down menu isn't appearing. It works as normal for the track output selector.

The audio track inputs are auto assigned to Mic/Line 1, Mic/Line 2, etc and recording + input monitoring are working fine, so I don't think it's an I/O setup issue. I just can't reassign track inputs, or assign inputs to new Aux tracks.

When I create a new session it doesn't have this issue at first. However when I import all the tracks from the problem session into the new session, the new session starts having the same issue as well.

I think I probably just changed some setting or pressed a keyboard shortcut by accident, but I can't figure out what it was. Or maybe it's a corrupted session?

Any help would be much appreciated! Still learning PT, trying to switch from Logic but things like this keep tripping me up.

2018 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.14.6, PT 2021.3.1, RME Fireface UCX
Old 05-05-2021, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Track I/O Input Select Button Frozen / Locked?

Any time your IO menu won't cooperate, the first thing to check is the Setup>Playback menu and make sure your interface is actually selected as the "audio engine". Sounds like maybe its back to CORE audio?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-06-2021, 12:41 AM

Hey thanks for the advice! I just opened the session again this morning and it's working normally.

Resetting the playback engine wasn't working for me yesterday, however I just realized that I had Sonarworks Systemwide running while I was working on that session... I think that may have been what was making things glitch.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdfriend View Post
Hey thanks for the advice! I just opened the session again this morning and it's working normally.

Resetting the playback engine wasn't working for me yesterday, however I just realized that I had Sonarworks Systemwide running while I was working on that session... I think that may have been what was making things glitch.
If you can get this to consistently cause the issue, I'd report it to Sonarworks as that should not happen. Other things to remember about Sonarworks, its calibration process is done stand-alone(not inside any DAW) and must be run at 44.1K sample rate(unless they recently changed this requirement).

Of course, if you had Sonarworks running at the same time as Pro Tools, then its likely that Sonarworks was hogging the interface(so never try to run both programs at the same time)

BTW, once the calibration has run and you have a correction preset for the Sonarworks plugin, that can run at any sample rate

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave