Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2002, 03:35 PM

Default \'Cannot build DAE deck\' error message

I am helping a guy with a new G4 933mhz. Everything installed fine but I keep getting that message. I have to switch to OS9 instead of OSX right?

IMR
Old 05-31-2002, 03:27 AM

Default Re: \'Cannot build DAE deck\' error message

Pro Tools does not run under the OSX system software.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:06 AM

I looked like it had two Operating Systems on it. 0SX and Classic 0S9. Or was that just emulation mode? Does he have to go and buy 0S9 for it or there just some adjustment that needs to be made? Thanks for your help.

IMR
Old 05-31-2002, 08:07 AM
Avid

Mac OS 9.2.x should be preinstalled along with Mac OS X. You will need to boot using Mac OS 9.2.x since Pro Tools is not compatible with Mac OS X or running Mac OS 9 in the Classic envrionment (within OS X).

Brent
Old 05-31-2002, 06:06 PM

Would somebody please help this guy! You're telling him that he needs to boot into OS 9 but you haven't told him how to do it.

If you're in OSX go to the apple in the top-left corner. Pull down to System Preferences. When it opens go to Startup Disk under the 'system' heading. Pick OS 9.2 then restart. This will put you in true OS9 mode. ProTools will only run if you boot up with OS 9.

If you then want to return to OSX for other reasons do it in the control panel in OS 9. There's a startup disk control panel under the apple as well where you would pick OS X. This dialogue box will look very different. Restart and you'll be back to OSX.

Sorry if I've stated the obvious for you but it sounds like you might have needed this info and no one else was willing to help you.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:03 PM

I get this message too but I am using OS 9.0.4 and it only happens for me when I double click on a session file and try and open LE that way.

When I open the software first and then open up a session through the file menu it seems to work fine.

Thoughts ?
[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Justin
Old 05-31-2002, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Lambert:
Would somebody please help this guy! You're telling him that he needs to boot into OS 9 but you haven't told him how to do it.

If you're in OSX go to the apple in the top-left corner. Pull down to System Preferences. When it opens go to Startup Disk under the 'system' heading. Pick OS 9.2 then restart. This will put you in true OS9 mode. ProTools will only run if you boot up with OS 9.

If you then want to return to OSX for other reasons do it in the control panel in OS 9. There's a startup disk control panel under the apple as well where you would pick OS X. This dialogue box will look very different. Restart and you'll be back to OSX.

Sorry if I've stated the obvious for you but it sounds like you might have needed this info and no one else was willing to help you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thank you so much for reading my post and giving me the complete answer I was looking for. I thought people would be able to figure I wasn't a Mac expert but I guess not. Thank you. I was hoping someone would help. I will go back to the guys house and set it up properly tomorrow.

IMR [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 06:30 AM

top marks, i miss read your problem. glad you got good reply.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:14 PM

Justin Tonation - I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you have upgraded ProTools on that machine. And I bet you have the older ProTools application still on the drive. Next time you try to open a session by clicking it's session document pay attention to the ProTools splash screen and see if it isn't an older version that's trying to load. I'll bet it's your older ProTools that's not able to make the connection to DAE. You might want to either get rid of the older ProTools application or just always open ProTools sessions from within the program.