Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 02:37 PM

Default 7.4 ... the same old keyboard bug!! WHY?!?!?!?!

digi

why is it that this bug still continues? the one that has been brought up by numerous users on numerous systems on this forum. its still here on 7.4 and totally ****s our work flow. surely a bug that crashes the program warrants immediate attention.

i'll also add, that the behaviour seems to have changed. when the bug was active, i was unable to quit. Apple-Q does nothing other than highlight the "Protools HD 7.4" section in the menu bar. If i use the mouse and click on Quit Protools, nothing happens. I needed to force-quit when this bug was present. Not sure if all the Menu bar commands were unusable, i'll check today when it happens a bunch of times. C'mon - this is not usual or acceptable behaviour. Please address this asap.

PTHD 7.4, Quad G5 (no guarantees there...) 8GB ram, OSX10.4.9

fman
Old 11-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: 7.4 ... the same old keyboard bug!! WHY?!?!?!?!

Ok Digi. They're two seperate bugs. I can type in dialog boxes, but i cannot select anything from my menu bar. The shortcuts work. but cannot, using the mouse, pull down any of the menus from the menu bar.

awesome.

fman
Old 11-22-2007, 09:44 PM

This is out of control. Restarted my computer. Loaded up a mix. Made a few changes. Exported. Saved. Closed. Loaded a new session, and now i'm locked out of the menu bar again.

Is anyone else finding the menu bar is frozen?

fman
Old 11-23-2007, 02:23 AM

more strange behaviour. i was looking at a catalogue in my workspace. went to scroll down by grabbing the bar, clicking and dragging and nothing happened. could only scroll up/down in this window by using the arrow buttons, or clicking in the blank scroll area either below or above the scroll bar.

something is fishy.

maybe a clean install of everything. oh tedium.

fman
Old 11-23-2007, 04:13 AM

First try all the troubleshooting basics, Databases, Prefs, etc...

Are these sessions created on 7.4 or an earlier version? Try doing the troubleshooting stuff, then make a new session and re-import all your tracks. Maybe the behavior is being carried fwd from the old session. Worth a shot.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:34 AM

Yep I'm still getting this one!!! Just had to restart because all the file menus stopped working.

Also get nasty digital clicks when instantiating plugs, importing data, and creating new tracks etc

Very irritating