Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2021, 05:06 AM

Default Can not complete request due to empty slot error?

NEVER saw this before in my life. All of a sudden, on only ONE session I have, the session won't launch and I get this error. 'Can not complete request because of empty slot while translating tracks'. All my other sessions open. Trashed preferences twice to no avail.
Anyone have any idea what this error is? I can't get the session to launch, which obviously is a problem.
mac 5,1 12 core 64 ram ox 10.14.6 Pro tools 2021.6.

I even tried to launch the session from my backup, but I got the same error. I save a new session each day I work, and I was able to open up a session from a month ago, so it's like something I added since then somehow got corrupted, but it doesn't really make sense. I can go back 3 dates and now it doesn't work. But clearly when I opened that session and then saved to the new date, it did.

So my workaround was to go back until I found a session that would open, then import session data from the latest session, bringing in the more recent tracks I had done. This seems to work. I have no idea what happened to the other sessions and still would love to know what this error means.

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-08-2021 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-01-2022, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Can not complete request due to empty slot error?

Hey there!

I'm probably late to the party, but I just got this error message and like you, I had never seen it before. This was the only link I found doing a google search for said error message.

For me, it turned out to be a version mismatch in Arturia Analog Lab. I could import every track except the one with Arturia on it, and when I tried to import that one, I got an error message saying "empty slot" and PT crashed. I updated Arturia (I moved from a system with a newer version to an older version), and it opened fine.

You've likely moved on from this, but just wanted to post in case anyone else comes across this error!