Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-01-2009, 05:14 AM

Default waves version 6 and ilok problem

I upgraded from version 5 to version 6. problem is when i downloaded the licenses for gtr to second ilok went ok next license download was for ir1 went ok next license down load was ssl got an error during download retry error retry error etc. now it will not download. still need to download platium. I submited a incident report to ilok.com 12 31 08 it is 1 1 09 and still no reponse from ilok.com. Waves says i'm dead in the water until i hear from ilok.com ANY ADVICE OUT THERE? I Have two iloks and this is the first problem like this i have encountered.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:46 AM

Default Re: waves version 6 and ilok problem

Bad luck. And yes, it sounds like something that you need to straighten out with the folks at PACE.

I experienced my first ever iLok glitch recently. Luckily, a second attempt worked flawlessly. When it comes to iLok authorizations of Waves products, it’s worth noting that a dedicated Waves dongle should be the only iLok connected to the system at the time of the transfer(s). (Sure enough, my 1st iLok glitch coincided with my 1st wearing of the “ignore manufacturer’s recommendations” cap I found under my Christmas tree.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene View Post
[…] I submited a incident report to ilok.com 12 31 08 it is 1 1 09 and still no reponse from ilok.com.
As crazy as it may sound, people tend to celebrate certain holidays away from their workplace.

Good luck.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
(Sure enough, my 1st iLok glitch coincided with my 1st wearing of the “ignore manufacturer’s recommendations” cap I found under my Christmas tree.)

As crazy as it may sound, people tend to celebrate certain holidays away from their workplace.

Good luck.
Double haha!! SB
Old 01-01-2009, 05:41 PM

Check to make sure you haven’t reached the limit of how many licenses can fit on one iLok. I think it’s like 100 licenses, and Waves Platinum bundle alone has like 36 or so.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:39 PM

right now i have two iLoks. one has PT and all its bundled plugs, my other iLok has all my other plugs, including waves.

question is, can i get a 3rd iLok for Waves V6 and keep my Waves V5 as is. my goal is to have two internal boot drives, one for tiger and PT7 and another for leopard and PT8

i have current WUP - so can i keep my V5 as is and just upgrade to V6 and have a dedicated iLok for it?

thanks!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
can i keep my V5 as is and just upgrade to V6 and have a dedicated iLok for it?
not unless waves allows you (you would need to work this out with them BEFORE you upgrade).

When I upgraded to v6, it required a surrender of all v5 licenses. So, I installed v6 on both boot drives and everything is just fine.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:50 AM

But will Version 6 work with Pro Tools 7.1? I'm afraid if I surrender my V5 license my main working 7.1 system will lose Waves compatibility.

Jeff D.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D. View Post
But will Version 6 work with Pro Tools 7.1? I'm afraid if I surrender my V5 license my main working 7.1 system will lose Waves compatibility.
Ah... good question.
According to waves website:

v6 PPC
v6 Intel

Looks like 7.1 is not on the v6 list... probably worth a call to waves to work this out.