Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2022, 05:06 PM

Default Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2022/r3/ProTools/... line 241

Hi, I got this message in pro tools when I clicked on the "control" key while selecting a track: Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2022/r3/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileLocMacOS.cpp", line 241.

I can't access the track's options so I can't do anything and I don't know what to do.

I just deleted everything and im downloading it again.... I work on IOS btw.

if anybody knows how to fix this plz reach out!
Old 10-30-2022, 05:22 PM

Default Re: HELP

Zero system info, eh?
Do this first:

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050
Old 10-30-2022, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisvn View Post
Hi, I got this message in pro tools when I clicked on the "control" key while selecting a track: Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2022/r3/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileLocMacOS.cpp", line 241.

I can't access the track's options so I can't do anything and I don't know what to do.

I just deleted everything and im downloading it again.... I work on IOS btw.

if anybody knows how to fix this plz reach out!
No you are not working on iOS, Pro Tools does not run on iOS/iPhones your Mac is running macOS.But where is that info about your system?

Deleting and reinstalling Pro Tools is almost guaranteed a waste of time. Software installed one way before, it's going to install the same way again.

As has been explained on DUC a fair amount. When you get an assert error message, google it, ignore the line number. That most likely get you close to info about the specific error, e.g.....

e.g. https://www.google.com/search?q=%22S....cpp%22+assert

You should already have done standard troubleshooting (what sw_rec pointed to,,.. aka "help us help you" up the top of every DUC web page).
Old 11-02-2022, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2022/r3/ProTools/... line 241

I get Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2022/r3/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileLocMacOS.cpp", line 241.

Ventura on MacBook Air m1 16GB Ram

I have to say I am appalled at how Avid continues support a bully ambiance here for none paying tech support customers...shame on you!
Old 11-02-2022, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2022/r3/ProTools/... line 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystudios View Post
I get Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2022/r3/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileLocMacOS.cpp", line 241.

Ventura on MacBook Air m1 16GB Ram

I have to say I am appalled at how Avid continues support a bully ambiance here for none paying tech support customers...shame on you!
Ventura is very much not supported. FYI
Old 11-03-2022, 01:08 PM

how's that?

Pro tools studio works fine on my iMac, its on my MacBook that it got into a mess after installing waves

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...-macos-ventura
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2B5MhYpqU
Old 11-03-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
No you are not working on iOS, Pro Tools does not run on iOS/iPhones your Mac is running macOS.But where is that info about your system?
where did anyone mention this?, if anything Ventura appears exactly like iOS, all the system menus look identical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Deleting and reinstalling Pro Tools is almost guaranteed a waste of time. Software installed one way before, it's going to install the same way again.

As has been explained on DUC a fair amount. When you get an assert error message, google it, ignore the line number. That most likely get you close to info about the specific error, e.g.....
amen to that, I wasted time alright,,I just created a new user and the plugins load just fine...but I can't return to my main user which is not nice..

There is no info clear any where to solve this, if there was Avid could not charge for year around tech support....another layer of abuse in my opinion..

so the conclusion here is to create a totally new user., period..
Old 11-03-2022, 05:04 PM

Quote:
where did anyone mention this?, if anything Ventura appears exactly like iOS, all the system menus look identical
The OP said they were running iOS in the very first post in this thread. That’s who Darryl was responding to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2022, 05:05 PM

Quote:
The user who started this thread listed their OS as iOS. When you post onto somebody else thread you need to be careful who is replying to who so you don't stream roll other users trying to get help.

And no macOS is not iOS there are lots of difference still, Ventura gets close in some UX things but they are quite distinct, and it absolutely does not appear "identical to iOS". Even though yes iOS is based on the core of macOS. And realistically there is unlikely to ever be a common OS across mac and iOS and iPadOS devices there is just too much historical stuff in macOS that is not in iOS.

Some reasons a new user account might have have worked are ...

1. Your old account had files/directories with wrong permissions/ownerships (if you migrated sessions off an older Mac make sure the account uid and gid match what was used before.
2. You did not trash prefs correctly. Check that carefully. (a new account wipes out every per-user preference file, and this seems a common reason this works).
3. Your old account had files or folders with wrong permissions or ownership for other reasons.
4. You may have desktop/documents or other folders backed to iCloud or other cloud services on that account.

... and many others potentially but these are some I can think of/have seen.
Old 11-03-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:
how's that?

Pro tools studio works fine on my iMac, its on my MacBook that it got into a mess after installing waves

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...-macos-ventura
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2B5MhYpqU
A 3rd party website showing that Pro Tools can load on Ventura is not the same as Avid supporting Ventura. Never in the last twenty years has Pro Tools been supported on a brand new Mac OS. If you have Avid support the first thing they'll tell you is you're on an unsupported system.