How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-01-2022, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Kudos to Avid for 2022.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
I thought they explained from their website. It's similar to Source-Nexus, but there's a free version and a paid version that's much less than Source-Nexus. All three are virtual routing solutions. Sorry if it doesn't work for you.
Are you referring to Room, or Caster?

With Aux IOs, I don't need any other app to replace Nexus, I just need to have the routing established in IO setup and with proper tracks in the session.

So I guess I'm asking: how does Room or Caster improve on what's currently happening with ProTools alone? If it brings some benefit I'd be happy to give it another shot -- I'm all about streamlining and simplifying where possible.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:38 AM

I agree with Eric (if I am reading the release notes correctly) It appears that
(at least for the things I do,,, like participate in a virtual open mic via Zoom) that the new Aux I/O feature will eliminate the need to run an additional piece of 3 rd party software to stream Zoom through PT ???

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-02-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Are you referring to Room, or Caster?

With Aux IOs, I don't need any other app to replace Nexus, I just need to have the routing established in IO setup and with proper tracks in the session.

So I guess I'm asking: how does Room or Caster improve on what's currently happening with ProTools alone? If it brings some benefit I'd be happy to give it another shot -- I'm all about streamlining and simplifying where possible.
I use Room to control monitoring levels for EarPods and other speakers.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I agree with Eric (if I am reading the release notes correctly) It appears that
(at least for the things I do,,, like participate in a virtual open mic via Zoom) that the new Aux I/O feature will eliminate the need to run an additional piece of 3 rd party software to stream Zoom through PT ???
Correct, Aux IO will allow you to do this. Keep in mind you need two Aux IO paths. 1 for Zoom In and 1 for Zoom Out.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Correct, Aux IO will allow you to do this. Keep in mind you need two Aux IO paths. 1 for Zoom In and 1 for Zoom Out.
OK thanks sounds like the ticket

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-03-2022, 08:14 PM

Quote:
For $299
Source Nexus actually had an upgrade sale just before the latest PT release. I guess they got wind of the Core Aux functionality.
I pulled the trigger on Nexus and it is very good! Every audio device on the PC is an I/O from an insert, no setups or matrix routing required.
And sorry to turn this into a PC/Mac debate, I was venting after once again struggling with the install/uninstall
Old 10-08-2022, 05:01 PM

I finally set up Aux I/O to route from (Non-Lethal) Video Sync (my video + VO, SFX channels) into an Aux in Pro Tools Ultimate (previously accomplished with a SPDIF cable), and it works! in Mojave! with a 2009 (flashed 5,1) Mac Pro! I have to say, I have been thoroughly impressed with this update. Melodyne is actually usable now. If the next update fixes the "Saving ARA Data" bug, and the fixes the "select in MIDI Editor" problem the rest of the way (it's 90% better, but not totally fixed) I will be really really happy!

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 10-08-2022, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I'm typically early to the pitchforks when it comes time to dousing shame onto Avid for bugs and other things, but credit is due for today's release of 2022.9. Aux IOs are jaw-droppingly handy (negating the need for the ridiculously-priced Source-Nexus), Melodyne implementation is super slick, PT itself has been stable all day (knock on wood), and I'm able to get Logic to play well with my HDX hardware. Not to jinx anything, but everything seems to be working and there's not been a time before today -- ever -- when I could have said that. Even when PT was stable, something else would be awry, and of course we've never had access to coreaudio while using HDX hardware. What a refreshing feeling.

Bravo to the team!
Nice Eric! I have to figure this out soon. Looks pretty cool. I have been busy here until about a day ago. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-08-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
I finally set up Aux I/O to route from (Non-Lethal) Video Sync (my video + VO, SFX channels) into an Aux in Pro Tools Ultimate (previously accomplished with a SPDIF cable), and it works! in Mojave! with a 2009 (flashed 5,1) Mac Pro! I have to say, I have been thoroughly impressed with this update. Melodyne is actually usable now. If the next update fixes the "Saving ARA Data" bug, and the fixes the "select in MIDI Editor" problem the rest of the way (it's 90% better, but not totally fixed) I will be really really happy!
Again everyone who has chimed in, thanks for the updates about this as I have not had a moment to mess with this. Still need to get my mind around it a bit more in the setup, but it looks simple enough. I had Dolby in for a couple of days doing an Atmos demo in my studio here and they had not even messed with it yet or at least their engineer had not. So I did not feel bad that I was in the fog..lol
Just need to get into it next week as I am off for a much needed break.
g
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-09-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
I had Dolby in for a couple of days doing an Atmos demo in my studio here and they had not even messed with it yet or at least their engineer had not.
I have to say that I'm amazed by that. One of the prime beneficiaries of Aux IOs is Dolby and their technology.