Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2003, 10:37 AM

Default Pitch control w/ LE?

I didn't see anything in the manual about this... so i'm assuming you can have any pitch control with LE. is this true? Like, slow the tape down a bit to do a high harmony, then bring it back up to "0". I'm screwed if I can't do this. HA! Thanks!

Jason
OWC External FW HDD
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonsheroan
Old 09-04-2003, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Pitch control w/ LE?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. There's a pitch plugin which allows you to alter the pitch of an audio file offline, not in realtime. There's a pitchbend wheel on most kb controllers, and there's pitching a sample up and down a keyboard when using a sampler. What exactlty do you need, can you elaborate?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:41 AM

On my old ADAT, I could slow the pitch of my music bed down a little so that it was not only playing back slower, but the pitch was lower. Then I'd record my high harmony (if it was too hard to sing at std pitch). Then I'd bring the pitch back to "0" and my harmony would sound as it would have if I had been able to sing that high in the first place. You can't get too wacky w/ your pitch though because if you do, your high harmony will sound sorta "chipmunk" in it's tone. But it's saved my butt a million times. OR, if I was having problems playing a guitar solo part, I could slow the tape down, play it, then bring the tape back up to speed and my passage would sound as though I played it in real time. Does this make sense?

Thanks!

jason
OWC External FW HDD
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonsheroan
Old 09-04-2003, 11:46 AM

I see.

As far as I know, you can record at half-speed in ProTools. I guess it's the closest function to what you described.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:47 PM

There is a pitch shift pluggin in the AUDIOSUITE list,,you could try singing your harmony in unison,then play arround with the pitch shift plug,,I used to use it to create strange FX with my guitar or drum loops,,it worked quit well for that,but it did leave a few after-affects that might not sound to good on a vocale,,depending on how radical your pitch-shifting might be,,or how prominant you place them in the mix,,it might just be okay,,if it gets close to what you are after then you could look into any of the more expencive options,PITCH AND TIME,AUTOTUNE or PITCH DOCTOR are the ones that come to mind,,
Old 09-04-2003, 03:53 PM

To VSO the word clock in LE you ned to feed the SPDIF or ADAT input with a varisped clock source... an ADAT (or MDM) with VSO capability works well for this application.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••