Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2021, 02:51 AM

Default UVA Falcon in Protools - no soundbank ?

Hi !

I recently purchased pro-tools subscription and downloaded the UVA falcon plugin that is included in my subcription. I am unable to find and insert UVA falcon plugin on my instrument tracks. But if I open the plug in; there are no sound banks ? Am I missing some step here ? I also downloaded the UVA falcon factory sounds and can see the falconfactort.RAR file downloaded on my laptop.

I have also activated Avid Falcon AAX on my laptop in i-lock (even though I guess the cloud activation was okay). Can you please help ?

Regards
Vijay
Old 10-08-2021, 06:36 AM

Default Re: UVA Falcon in Protools - no soundbank ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayP View Post
Hi !

I recently purchased pro-tools subscription and downloaded the UVA falcon plugin that is included in my subcription. I am unable to find and insert UVA falcon plugin on my instrument tracks. But if I open the plug in; there are no sound banks ? Am I missing some step here ? I also downloaded the UVA falcon factory sounds and can see the falconfactort.RAR file downloaded on my laptop.

I have also activated Avid Falcon AAX on my laptop in i-lock (even though I guess the cloud activation was okay). Can you please help ?

Regards
Vijay
First given this is your first post and you are a new user ...I highly recommend you post your system details in your "User CP" signature (see mine below)
It is extremely hard for people to make any specific suggestions without that info.

Second I am confused by your wording ??? if you are "unable to find and insert UVA falcon plugin on my instrument tracks. " How are you able to "But if I open the plug in; there are no sound banks "?

So do you mean,,,, if you click an insert button on an instrument track that the Falcon plug in is not listed in the plugin "Instruments" list ? But it's icon is in your PT plugins folder ???

if you are showing the RAR file you have also installed it ? If I remember correctly seems I had to install some opening software for Mac OS to install a RAR ???

Also one last thought if you downloaded (and installed ) the UVI and sound banks after you had already opened PT for the first time you may have to force PT to rescan the plugin folder. You do this by Trashing your PT preferences

You can find out ho to do that for Your OS and PT version here

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...s-preferences/

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 10-08-2021 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:15 AM

*.rar files are compressed and need to be "expanded". Personally, on Windows, I use 7-Zip for both compression and expansion. However, full disclosure, I don't usually compress any files. I use the "Store" setting in 7-Zip to put several files and/or folders into one zipped "container" that isn't compressed. While 7-Zip can compress and expand in several different formats, I typically use *.zip because most programs recognize that.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 10-09-2021, 01:55 AM

Thank you for the help ! Unzipped the .RAR file. Also there was one more step I was missing. I need to create a separate folder under c:\proram files for UVA factory and move the unzipped file there so that Pro Tools could recognise the plug in. Now I can see all the sounds in the Falcon plugin and problem is solved.