Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2023, 08:25 PM

Default Delay Compensation Amount Error

Hey there, using the new apple silicon protools build 2023.3 with apple silicon UAD on a Mac Studio running the latest Ventura (13.4). Stoked on this new machine, running very fast and smooth.

In the past, pro tools delay compensation has worked fine automatically with Apollo when using hardware inserts but with this new setup, delay compensation is working (showing in mix view and delaying a certain number of samples) BUT there is an audible phase issue.

Test case
: When I have two identical audio tracks playing at the same time to the same output, one with hardware insert and one without, there is an audible phase issue indicating incorrect amount of delay, even though the insert does trigger delay compensation on the track. I’m testing this with just a direct patch cable from output to input. No outboard.

I have the channel muted in console etc, I’ve troubleshooted all the basic stuff. can’t figure out what might be causing this.

Buffer is 512, 48K sample, Burl bomber as clock. I’ve tried different buffers and input delay in console as well as a couple of other things, all yield different flavors of phase issues.

Any ideas where to look? How do I ensure PT is delaying the proper amount for my interface and settings? Thanks!

PS This is my first time using PT with native silicon support and its definitely faster. Everything seems to be super stable even with large and complex sessions. Only issue is this delay comp problem.