Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2023, 08:56 AM

Default PlayCell authorization

I have no iLok license for it. So, is there no need for a license. I read that some people have received a license… Perhaps it is included in Ultimate?

Phone +46707773443
Old 03-25-2023, 09:01 AM

Default Re: playcell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post
Perhaps it is included in Ultimate?
No. I have it working in PT Studio. And without any Playcell in my ilok. I guess it's free. Not that shocking; it looks very basic and sounds pretty cheap.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
No. I have it working in PT Studio. And without any Playcell in my ilok. I guess it's free. Not that shocking; it looks very basic and sounds pretty cheap.
Playcell is an attempt to later sell "sound drops."
In essence, a way for Avid to make money off of sample library sales/subscriptions. (Which is why PlayCell itself is "free.")

Avid can't help being Avid.
Old 03-25-2023, 11:38 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Playcell is an attempt to later sell "sound drops."
In essence, a way for Avid to make money off of sample library sales/subscriptions. (Which is why PlayCell itself is "free.")

Avid can't help being Avid.
All the content we make for playcell will always be included with a subscription/support plan. This isn’t a “gotcha, pay us more” kind of thing. There will be a lot more playcell content/instruments to come and we will never charge you anything additional for anything we (me) develop in house for it.

On top of that, the Sonic Drop releases will never be charged for either. It’s all included with any level of subscription. This is my world at Avid and it’s been a goal of mine to give as much away as possible. This is just the tip of the iceberg…
Old 04-12-2023, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlange View Post
All the content we make for playcell will always be included with a subscription/support plan. This isn’t a “gotcha, pay us more” kind of thing. There will be a lot more playcell content/instruments to come and we will never charge you anything additional for anything we (me) develop in house for it.

On top of that, the Sonic Drop releases will never be charged for either. It’s all included with any level of subscription. This is my world at Avid and it’s been a goal of mine to give as much away as possible. This is just the tip of the iceberg…
So if your subscription/support plan lapses, those Pro Tools sessions that used PlayCell will stop playing back that used PlayCell? Is the content locked to the subscription/plan seeing as the plugin isn't an iLok asset?
Old 04-15-2023, 03:31 AM

Default Re: PlayCell is just an empty black window [XUJAM-190]

Hi all,

Could people advise if PlayCell is free to use on a perpetual license of ProTools Ultimate 2023.0 or do we loose the ability to use it if not on a current subscription/support plan.

Regards
Old 04-17-2023, 05:35 PM

Default Re: PlayCell authorization

PlayCell is authorized by a Pro Tools Artist, Studio or Ultimate license. It can be a subscription or perpetual license, and the Release Limit on a perpetual license is not a factor (so it will continue to work even if a Software Updates + Support Plan expires).