Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2023, 10:42 AM

Default Cell Play issues

Down loaded Cell Play and Cell Play Palette but Cell Play interface is not finding Cell Play Palette, watched only tutorial I could find and he clicks on Factory Default which brings up the instruments in Palette. When I click Factory Default there's nothing but "Factory Default". I'm using Windows 10 and ProTools Artist, cant find a lot of tutorials on or about the issue, so I'm not sure anyone else is experiencing the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Last edited by kennyc63; 04-16-2023 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:18 PM

Default I need help with Cell Play and Palette Please!

Downloaded PlayCell and PlayCell Palette, but cant find the Palette instruments once PlayCell is open. Watched the only video tutorial I could find and it doesn't address this problem. Wondering if anybody has experienced the same issue. I'm using ProTools Artist on Windows 10, any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:19 PM

Default I need help with PlayCell and Palette Please!

Downloaded PlayCell and PlayCell Palette, but cant find the Palette instruments once PlayCell is open. Watched the only video tutorial I could find and it doesn't address this problem. Wondering if anybody has experienced the same issue. I'm using ProTools Artist on Windows 10, any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:20 PM

Default Re: I need help with Cell Play and Palette Please!

Duplicate of https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=424434

Please follow the DUC rules and post once per issue. Posting multiple threads waste other users time.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:06 PM

Default Re: I need help with PlayCell and Palette Please!

How did you open PlayCell?
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 04-22-2023, 07:49 PM

I am experiencing same issue. I added a new stereo instrument track, then added play cell as an insert. It only lists factory default. If I click on it, it is the only option in list opposed to boom or mini grand that list all the options.

Last edited by VanJamme; 04-22-2023 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:56 PM

Just to be sure... you ran the PlayCell Palette installer after downloading (or used Avid Link to install it)?

You should then have a Palette Series folder (with folders containing the .tfx files) in /Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/PlayCell

Please confirm this, thanks!
Old 04-22-2023, 10:41 PM

Ok. I had run the installers. And I had green checks and current listed next to them in Avid. BUT, I did not see a playcell folder at all at under C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings. I found it under C:Users\username\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings. Copied it over and it worked. Maybe it's because I put project on cloud for collaboration? Anyway, thanks for pointing in the right direction!

Last edited by VanJamme; 04-23-2023 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2023, 11:14 AM

Default Re: I need help with Cell Play and Palette Please!

Sorry, did not mean to post twice. It was a mistake obviously, my bad.
Old 04-26-2023, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanJamme View Post
Ok. I had run the installers. And I had green checks and current listed next to them in Avid. BUT, I did not see a playcell folder at all at under C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings. I found it under C:Users\username\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings. Copied it over and it worked. Maybe it's because I put project on cloud for collaboration? Anyway, thanks for pointing in the right direction!
thanks that helped!!!