Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 12-05-2022, 05:44 PM

Default "Audio Deadline Not Met"

Hello and Seasons' Greetings,
Let me give my stats - they're an ironic part of all this.

I am on an iMac Pro (2017), with:
-2.3 Ghz 18-Core Intel Xeon W.
-256 GB DDR4 Memory (yes you read that right, 256)
-Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16 GB Graphics Card

I use an Apollo Quad 2 for UA plugins PLUS a DSP Accelerator - the highest level you can get.

With ALL THAT, I am frequently getting a screeching halt in the middle of playback and I get a window (I've attached a screenshot) that says: "Audio Deadline was not met. Check 'Electric Guitar' (or whatever track it chooses to blame)

If I go into getting 'more info" and I HAVE done that, it tells me to enter Pro Tools pressing shift (I think?) - whatever it is, it starts Pro Tools with all plugins deactivated. I am then supposed to one by one check which plugin is the culprit. I am also able to access the CPU usage.

For one, the CPU usage which should be a problem? It's laughable how low it is. And it should be given all of my gear.

I have yet to find a consistent plugin to point to and blame. It may even shift tracks/plugins to whatever it finds offensive at the moment.

And the Project I am on now? It's 2 instruments, a lead vocal and 2 Background vocals. And that's all and I am getting the window even MORE on this project.

I really appreciate any assistance. My apologies for my flippant attitude, but given the higher quality I've chosen for my computer, (I know it's old hat now maybe), I should not be having these issues.

Frank B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B147D836-0DC4-4642-AAD1-EFF6A4EAC0D6_4_5005_c.jpeg (43.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-05-2022, 08:57 PM

Default Re: "Audio Deadline Not Met"

Did you try the suggestions to increase the buffer size or turn off the low buffer performance optimization?

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 12-06-2022, 09:20 AM

I meant to mention that - YES, the buffer size is set to 1024. It still balks mid-song and comes to a screeching halt.

After that, if I try to just click 'play' again, sometimes it works ok. Other times, I hear a shredded noise that sounds like wires.

So then I have to fully back out of Pro Tools and restart it. That always (so far) resets it so that I am back to square.

Many Thanks for replying....
Frank B.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:23 AM

I did find a similar post by a Google search. In that thread, the person said that Avid said it was Apple's issue and not theirs.

Here's the link to that thread
https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418941