Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 06-08-2023, 04:41 PM

Default Wavelab control?

Hi there - looking for a bit of guidance. Would love to have at least basic faders and transport control of Wavelab with Eucon (some S1s and a Dock). I assume this is do-able via HUI emulation, but I just don't see how to do this with the current Eucon app. Eucon application Setup guide (last one available is 2022.4) refers to adding the desired application (Wavelab) in the Eucon pref pane, but of course that doesn't exist in Ventura.

Any clues how this is supposed to work?

TIA!
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 06-09-2023, 09:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: Wavelab control?

Hi Rich - the pref pane should still be there in Ventura; in System Settings, scroll down on the left hand side and towards the bottom you should see "EUCON" but the icon may be missing. From this pref pane you'll be able to add whatever application you'd like
Old 06-09-2023, 09:12 AM

Hi Iain. For the record I could never get HUI (Mackie) emulation to work in Eucon. I reported this months ago to Eddie and there was going to be an investigation but I could never get the Eucon to recognize the Midi driver. Trying to remove it and add it in Mac Audio/Midi settings didn't seem to do anything. Adding in the preferred application in System Settings/Eucon didn't help either.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Haworth View Post
Hi Rich - the pref pane should still be there in Ventura; in System Settings, scroll down on the left hand side and towards the bottom you should see "EUCON" but the icon may be missing. From this pref pane you'll be able to add whatever application you'd like

OH yeah! It's there - just didn't see it 'cause there's no icon. Will try and get this working. Thanks!

Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Old 06-10-2023, 07:25 AM

FWIW, this does seem to be working here, though it was a bit of an adventure sorting it.

TLDR;it works.

Messy details: The Eucon item in system prefs doesn't show up right away - takes a few seconds - and there's no icon for it, so it's a little hard to see; plus I don't think it responds to the system prefs search bar (edit: scratch that, it *does* respond, but it didn't first time I tried it - perhaps I needed to wait longer), but once it's there you can add an app as usual. I needed to restart after adding Wavelab to Eucon (it did not ask for a restart). Also, I had to click away from the Eucon pane while still in System Prefs to get the attached security request - the first few times I tried it would just magically disappear after about a second before I had a chance to acknowledge it - when I took a screenshot on its appearance it *stayed* and I was able to enter password and clear it - pretty squirrely, but eventually I got it all working.

Wavelab's implementation of remote devices is not awesome, but I have transport, solos and mutes.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 4.29.33 PM.jpg (27.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Rich Breen; 06-11-2023 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
FWIW, this does seem to be working here, though it was a bit of an adventure sorting it.

TLDR;it works.

Messy details: The Eucon item in system prefs doesn't show up right away - takes a few seconds - and there's no icon for it, so it's a little hard to see; plus I don't think it responds to the system prefs search bar, but once it's there you can add an app as usual. I needed to restart after adding Wavelab to Eucon (it did not ask for a restart). Also, I had to click away from the Eucon pane while still in System Prefs to get the attached security request - the first few times I tried it would just magically disappear after about a second before I had a chance to acknowledge it - when I took a screenshot on it's appearance it *stayed* and I was able to enter password and clear it - pretty squirrely, but eventually I got it all working.

Wavelab's implementation of remote devices is not awesome, but I have transport, solos and mutes.

Thanks!

I’ve had this same exact issue. Did you restart the computer or Eucontrol?

Does your Euphonix midi show as being “online” in the Audio/Midi setup?
Old 06-10-2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
I’ve had this same exact issue. Did you restart the computer or Eucontrol?

Does your Euphonix midi show as being “online” in the Audio/Midi setup?
Had to restart the whole machine after sorting the security issue.

Querying the Euphonix midi icon in AMS shows the "online" checkbox unchecked - nonetheless it seems to work.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:50 AM

Copy that. Thanks Rich.

I will try to repeat your steps
Old 06-11-2023, 10:50 AM

I have tried this and have had no luck getting Resolve to work in HUI mode.

I think Eucon is using the wrong midi driver in Eucon Preferences and I see no way to change it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 10.38.29 AM.jpg (22.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 10.27.04 AM.png (94.4 KB, 0 views)