Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Reason Adapted question...simple question.

For some reason, in my attempt to use Reason Adapted's Redrum Drum machine, the sound doesn't come through to the track i've assigned it to in Pro Tools. From my understanding, I am to first open Pro Tools, then reason. Create a new track (midi track) in PT, then go to the mixer and insert the Reason Adapted plug-in, then go to Reason Redrum choose whatever voice i'm going to use , then on the PT mixer window select the output....

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG FELLAS!? Help a fellow musician out!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Reason Adapted question...simple question.

Try a forum search at the bottom of the LE for Mac page. I see that you're new to the DUC like me and I've learned to do the search first because it's probably been discussed. I'd tell you the answer to your ? if I knew but do the search, you'll probably find the answer quicker than waiting for a response. Good Luck. Have fun making hits.
digi 001
REASON 2.5

Old 02-29-2004, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Reason Adapted question...simple question.

I'm not sure how REASON ADAPT works,,but in the Full version you have to either open a mixer and then RE-DRUM or else connect RE-DRUM,,or any device,,to the HARDWARE OUT wich is the part of the REASON rack that is always present,,
Re-Wire gives you 64 mono outs,,if you open a mixer it will defoult to the first two and match them as a stereo pair,
when you open a stereo track in PT this is the defoult of the RE-WIRE Plug,,to get more outs from Reason you must manualy plug the devices into the HARDWARE OUT part,,then open extra tracks in PT and select the corisponding RE-WIRE plugs as either mono or dual mono inserts,,
Do a search of the DUC using RAIL JON ROGUT he put up a post a while back that explained all of this real well,,infact he became a kinda re-wire guru for most of us when PT started to suport it,,