Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 10:29 AM

Default USB 2.0 and Firewire combo PCI cards

Greetings,

In case any one interested, I was trying to get promising answers from fellow users here about such combo cards, but have got no replies. So I went ahead and bought the combo card by MACALLY.

I get 6042 errors, and could see my PCI meter spike slightly.

Initially, everything was ok during playback. So to push the "test" further, i connected two external firewire drives to it, mount it, and connected some USB devices.

Then while playing back a session with videos coming out of my Canopus ADVC-100 (from my G4's built in firewire ports), i tried to surf net and then access the firewire drives, and here is when i get 6042 errors. The protools session is on local internal IDE drives, not the Firewires

I've already downloaded the "latest" USB 2.0 drivers for OSX from MACALLY's website, and my machines is the dual 1.25Ghz MDD (Dual OS version) with 2 Gb ram.

FYI.

Regards,
[Charles]