Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 04-18-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Version 1.15 ProDeck & ProEdit!!

I know, really old stuff.

Here's the situation, I've got aless than fortunate, but talented, 12 year old neighbor-musician who I'm helping get into computer music. She's really enamoured with my setup and I've promised her I'd help her learn. Six months ago, we managed to put together the following on her budget:

Mac Nubus PowerPC 7100/80 w/128megRam and 2gig HD, System 7.5.1. Samplecell with a few good CDs, an Audiomedia II card and an external SCSI Glyph drive, 1 gig I think.

Samplecell and Sound Designer work great and she's been having a blast editing samples and playing different sounds. She's ready to start laying stuff down so we shopped around and found some virtually free Digi stuff, an original 4 channel interface with card, ProDeck and ProEdit version 1.15.

First, ProEdit seems to work fine but I haven't run it through its paces. Wish I had a manual. But ProDeck starts up, I get the Digi splash screen and then it crashes. What is this program for? ProEdit appears to be Protools and fairly complete. What does ProDeck do?

Second, what kinds of Digi or 3rd party add-ons were available for this kind of rig? Were there plug-ins? Any other cool suggestions welcome too.

Thanks, Randall

P.S. If anyone has any old stuff like this gathering dust, or software, manuals, etc., they can let go of cheap, I've got 2 more local music kids that could put it to some use.
Reach me at:
randall at fader8.com
Old 04-19-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Version 1.15 ProDeck & ProEdit!!

Ah, I see now. ProEdit is just for editing, ProDeck is apparently for mixing/recording. Still can't get a handle on why ProDeck isn't loading. Everything else is rock stable. I'll keep trying....
Old 05-07-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Version 1.15 ProDeck & ProEdit!!

Hi there. I THINK but I'll have to load it up and try for sure, that the Protools 2.03 will work with this setup.

I would love to get my hands on a ProEdit/ProDeck set to actually see it. I have another old Sound Accelerator system with all the goodies (Analog 2 channel, Digital interfaces) and even just got in a Professional Audio Interface. The neat 2 channel analog with the led meters. I just need some software to hook up the old card with.

I'll try and see what I have for an Audiomedia II rig laying around here. I still have 4 AMII cards just sitting as well. Too bad you can't use them in parallel. That would have been a great trick and easy expansion. SoundEdit 16 I think worked on that hardware as well. Then there was the whole line of Opcode StudioVision/PRO/DSP that I KNOW Worked with it, and Metro 4 and Metro 5. It's been awhile but I could be wrong.

Keep up the great work with the kids!!! Guys like you helped me to develop my computer/music passion the same way years ago. Now I get paid to break mainframes.

ppuskari2