Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2014, 11:23 PM

Default Loop Sync vs external word clock in.... all HDio interfaces

Loop Sync vs external word clock in.... all HDio interfaces

so I am changing my setup to be:
HDX-2
4 x HDio interfaces (various flavors)

all my digital reverbs just clock off AES from the interfaces
I NEVER need to run vary-speed
i NEVER need to lock to black burst.

so my options are:
Loop Sync with all 4 HDio interfaces….

or

word clock out of the first HDio interface, to a Word Clock distributor (that I already own)…. to the other 3 HDio interfaces.

The advantage of using word clock out of the first HDio interface, to a Word Clock distributor (that I already own)…. to the other 3 HDio interfaces….. is that days when I only need the first 2 interfaces… I can just leave the third and four interfaces off, so I get 50% less fan noise (I am in a 1 room facility)

I did do some searching and googling… could not find strong reasons to use Loop Sync over option b (word clock in on interfaces 2, 3,4)

anything I should know?

thanks