Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2010, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Laying back to SONYHDSR Deck

Thanks for the info on the SYNC I/O And the Sync HD. Yeah I did notice the difference in Logo but didn't catch the LED.

The shows I am working with are in 23.98 They are for international sales and for discovery channel Canada. According to their spec sheet those are the formats that we must deliver. Or at least thats what the client is requesting.

I will hook up that Sync HD box. And run word clock from the Deck I guess. that is probably the simplest way for me to do it. Because the deck is only 10 feet away from PT layback station. (this PT station is set up to do laybacks of shows an Tv commercials only and opening OMFs. Just right now we have only done Dbetas And Beta Sps) So Its time for this station to do more.

thanks guys

Kd
Old 04-04-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_special View Post
The shows I am working with are in 23.98 They are for international sales and for discovery channel Canada. According to their spec sheet those are the formats that we must deliver. Or at least thats what the client is requesting.

Kd
If that's what the client is requesting then fine, but the last tech spec I can find for Discovery Canada requests 59.97i... Now the client MAY be planning to repurpose them down the road, but it still seems a bit odd. A quick call to the producer/client might be in order. A lot of times clients aren't actually aware of what they have to deliver, and this sort of thing ALWAYS seems to come back at the facility.

Howard Sonnenburg
Atomic Audio
Ottawa, ON
Canada
Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonsey View Post
If that's what the client is requesting then fine, but the last tech spec I can find for Discovery Canada requests 59.97i... Now the client MAY be planning to repurpose them down the road, but it still seems a bit odd. A quick call to the producer/client might be in order. A lot of times clients aren't actually aware of what they have to deliver, and this sort of thing ALWAYS seems to come back at the facility.
I see what you are saying. The video side takes care of all the Dubs for each version. At this point I provide them with what frame rate they request. They make domestic and international versions.

Perhaps I dont wann do Laybacks... I forgot how many versions of each show they do somtimes. hmmmm

kd