Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-05-2002, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Ugly Vsti Interface - new version (free software!)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by B.Ray:
Very cool product! Any chance of a PC version? Could you be persuaded by some financial considerations?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have the ability right now to produce or troubleshoot apps for the PC. I put together the Ugly in Max-MSP, a programming environment by Cycling '74. When/if they offer compiling for the PC, I will be able to port the Ugly over.

Leigh
Old 03-05-2002, 07:20 PM

As Moby would say:
"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!"
LestaDiamond!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2002, 12:28 AM

Default Ugly Vsti Interface - new version (free software!)

There is a new version of the Ugly Vsti Interface up at my site. Version 1.1 incorporates several changes suggested by DUC members.

The Ugly is a host application for VSTi plug-ins. You can pipe the audio right into Pro Tools with a special DirectConnect plugin included in the package. It is a Mac-only application. Did I mention that it's FREE?

Leigh
www.netspace.org/~leigh/max/
Old 03-06-2002, 12:56 AM

Very cool product! Any chance of a PC version? Could you be persuaded by some financial considerations?
Old 03-06-2002, 04:55 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Leigh Marble:

I don't have the ability right now to produce or troubleshoot apps for the PC. I put together the Ugly in Max-MSP, a programming environment by Cycling '74. When/if they offer compiling for the PC, I will be able to port the Ugly over.

Leigh
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YEA, BABY! bring it ON....
Old 03-06-2002, 05:10 AM

Mildly, interesting

Amazingly interestingly would be a little wrapper that will enable VST Plugins in Pro Tools. Now thats what im waiting for....Loads of cool little fx plugs in VST that cover a scope of processing where RTAS fails.

If it can be done man VST plugs in Pro Tool you would be running it

Targon
Old 03-06-2002, 05:29 AM

Thanks Leigh Marble ! Very cool !!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2002, 07:06 AM

Thanks for the software. Just what I have been looking for. Is there any way of findng out/ altering which MIDI controllers a VST instrument responds to? I have been trying with the muon tau (free verison) with no success at all. Ideally I would like to be able to control it from MIDI controller numbers 105 to 108 and also 114/115--the controllers that my bass station keynoard sends on. Any help very much appreciated, Beardeddubster
Old 03-06-2002, 11:55 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Is there any way of findng out/ altering which MIDI controllers a VST instrument responds to? Ideally I would like to be able to control it from MIDI controller numbers 105 to 108 and also 114/115--the controllers that my bass station keynoard sends on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you're talking about. Far as I know, a VSTi doesn't "tell" which controllers it responds to. You'd have to look in the documentation for that VSTi. Most, however, use some of standard controllers - 1 is mod wheel, 5 portamento, 7 master volume, etc. So what you want to do is somehow map your controllers (105-108, etc) onto some of these lower numbers. The Ugly does not have a mapping function. I'd suggest trying to program your bass station to send out the controllers you want (if this is possible), or re-mapping them in a sequencer program (again, if possible).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Amazingly interestingly would be a little wrapper that will enable VST Plugins in Pro Tools. Now thats what im waiting for....Loads of cool little fx plugs in VST that cover a scope of processing where RTAS fails.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, well it's more complicated, as you can imagine. But I think it won't be too long before someone gets that working....

Leigh
Old 03-06-2002, 05:25 PM

did anybody tried the Vsamp into the ugly Vsti, and that into Protools?
Since VSamp can read Soundfonts, it's a major improvement as a sampler, if it works.

cheers, Andrés