Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2022, 07:43 AM

Default Re: EuCon Not Working macOS Monterey

My Artist Mix (latest one) is connected via ethernet switch and was flakey...but what helped was to assign it a static IP in the AM settings and change Use DHCP to NO.

Overall, connecting seems to be more consistent but will still flake at times and need to go to EuControl settings and add it to My Surfaces.
Old 01-16-2023, 07:53 AM

Tried that and also no luck. I also tried pro tools / eucontrol with and without rosetta and still have that problem. I also uninstalled all the plugins to see if something was causing this, but no luck. Still just have a 10lb paperweight on my desk.
This is extremely frustrating.

Again, I'm using an artist mix with M1 Max Mac Studio with Monterey OS.
Old 01-17-2023, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemelodic View Post
Tried that and also no luck. I also tried pro tools / eucontrol with and without rosetta and still have that problem. I also uninstalled all the plugins to see if something was causing this, but no luck. Still just have a 10lb paperweight on my desk.

Did you migrate from you old computer? If so, have you tried renaming your Mac and reboot as described in this thread?

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?...k16FfwHGVmi_Es
Old 01-17-2023, 06:00 AM

Quote:

Assuming you installed the latest software I mentioned previously and updated the firmware if needed? That's very strange because I'm using a Control and Mix unit connected with Ethernet switch to my M1 Max Mac Studio with Monterrey 12.6.2. My units are actually the older Euphonix branded ones, but are working great.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Everything was working fine until 2 days ago.

Eucontrol shows Artist Mix both in "All Surfaces" and "My Surfaces". In PT I have EUCON enabled in Peripherals.

I don't get any connectivity on the mixer. As though it knows it exists but can't communicate. So the screens are blank with exception of the pan bar. Faders down all the way.

I've tried rebooting, uninstalling EUCON, reinstalling it. EUCON is listed in the accessibility under the OS security settings.

Computer and Artist mix are connected to switch via Cat5e.

Hardware:
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max; 32 GB.
Avid Artist Mix
Netgear 5-port un-managed switch
AT&T Fiber Router

Operating System:
macOS Monterey 12.6.1

Pro Tools 2022.10
Did you find a solution here?

I've pretty much got the same setup, slightly different mac and 2 more surfaces, latest PT and Eucon.

Like you - the surfaces are detected and connect, but don't appear in PT even though PT acknowledges Eucon is running.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:55 AM

I've seen Eucon successfully working on M1 Macs running Monterey 12.6.2, further about security changing these settings might help;

Check security and privacy in accessibility in your mac system settings, and make sure you have Eucon and ProTools ticked.

The next thing to try is to reduce your system security settings, here's a link from the apple site > LINK

I'd go for; Reduced security and Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers

The new macs are shipped out by default with the highest level of security which could potentially stopping EuCon from working I'm not 100% but worth a go, you can always switch the setting back on if it doesn't fix it. Good Luck!
Old 01-31-2023, 10:53 AM

EuCon is still functioning here w/ OS 12.6.2, though it does continue to lose my iPad Control app regularly (the app just closes on its own, so more likely a Control app issue than EuCon itself).
Old 01-31-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
EuCon is still functioning here w/ OS 12.6.2, though it does continue to lose my iPad Control app regularly (the app just closes on its own, so more likely a Control app issue than EuCon itself).

The app on my iPad just updated this morning to 2022.12.140

"please stop OVER-complicating simple things"
Old 02-01-2023, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Did you find a solution here?

I've pretty much got the same setup, slightly different mac and 2 more surfaces, latest PT and Eucon.

Like you - the surfaces are detected and connect, but don't appear in PT even though PT acknowledges Eucon is running.
No solution as of now. I'm quite upset about this.
Old 02-01-2023, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaonashi View Post
The next thing to try is to reduce your system security settings, here's a link from the apple site > LINK

I'd go for; Reduced security and Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers
!
I had already tried this... withhout luck.