Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Default Plug-in automation parameters windows are empty!?

Hi,
I couldn't fit this in the subject line for my post, but I'm running Pro Tools MIX v6.4.1. OS 10.3.9. 1 Mix Core and 3 Farms. 2 GIG RAM. G4 / 933 Tower. Still stuck with the old hardware / software until the Gear Fairy leaves $10K or so under my pillow one night...

My problem is that often - but not always - when I click on the "Auto" button on a plug-in to automate some of the plugin parameters, the Plug-In Automation window shows up completely empty, no parameters. I haven't been able to determine why some sessions do this and others don't. It's not every plugin that shows up empty. Usually the Digi ones - EQ, Delay, Reverb One - show all the parameters. When the problem does occur, it's almost always the Waves plug windows that are empty. Today it was also Echo Farm and all my McDSP plugs as well.

As a test I closed my big session and created a tiny session and added some of those same plugs. They all showed up empty, except the usual ones that work, Digi EQ, Rev One. Then I quit Pro Tools and came back in, opening up the small test session. Suddenly all the parameters showed up in every single plug-in window. So I closed the little test session and opened the big session I'd been working on. No luck - Echo Farm, McDSP and Waves plug-in parameters windows all empty...

I know I'm working in the Dark Ages here, but any tips or troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...!