Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2020, 06:32 AM

Default New wind design instrument

Hi this is Tilman from Tonsturm... Sorry for the shameless self promotion but we think this release could be interesting for the sound design community:

We developed WINDMASCHINE a Wind Design instrument based on meticulously captured recordings of the Windhowler Hardware invented in the 1960s by Mole Richardson. The Windhowler is an electrical instrument which can produce unique wind sound effects with a very special sound signature. Only a few devices exist and the one the entire planet and luckily we had access to a unit in mint condition. We captured every single detail in order to preserve its sound signature and character. In combination with our software engine these captured recordings are transformed into a virtual instrument that allows you to go to sonic territories way beyond what the original device is capable of.

INTRODUCTORY OFFER $129,00 US
until Oct. 27th / regular price ($179,00US)

Product Site: https://tonsturm.com/software/windmaschine/

Trailer: Watch Trailer Here

Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...VxiAzNklGGptKw

Last edited by tilman; 10-15-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:35 AM

Default Re: New wind design instrument

Actually I bought this. It's interesting and nice sounding, but... Is Tonsturm now been taken over by UVI?
This Windmachine runs in the UVI Workstation, and not directly as an independent AAX plugin.

I don't like that. I'm not a fan of that UVI eco-system, and now I'm forced to dive into it..
Old 12-15-2022, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the information.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:50 PM

For climate research this could be a useful program, are you going to develop it in any way? I understand that it's been a couple of years, but are there any changes? I was just looking for something similar to your program and came across your post, only I want to create something like to the sounds of birds (I`m ornithologist), even started looking for info on how to design a site, creating a site with the constructor, etc. don`t know whether to start myself or hire someone - but your idea inspires! Btw, there was a news the other day that the sound of wind was recorded on Mars by a rover, amazing!

Last edited by norahhanscom6be; 12-21-2022 at 03:33 PM.